[FIXED] Intermittent automated media library refresh detected (Android)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
regulus

[FIXED] Intermittent automated media library refresh detected (Android)

Post by regulus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Neutron (last updated 04 Jul 2020)
Huawei MATE9 MHA-L29, Android 9 (in File Transfer Mode), Samsung 256gb microSD card
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave, Android File Transfer 1.0.12

Intermittent automated media library refresh detected, it happens frequently:

I add some new disc, and watch it appear in the right place alphabetically in media library — sometimes disc appears in full (i.e. all tracks present) — but sometimes it appears in part (only a portion of tracks present) — I can wait for a long time and nothing happens (wrong/incomplete number of tracks remains the same) — as of this moment, I found a 'kick in the gut' workaround: I rename the disc folder, or rather slightly modify it (like adding or removing some space or hyphen or dot), and in a moment all tracks of that disc appear in media library.

It is not a big deal, only a matter of paying close attention when adding new discs to Neutron media library — but certainly it would be nice if vendor could fix this, at some point (assuming the problem is with Neutron code, responsible for the automated media library refresh, and not somewhere in my particular setup).
Last edited by regulus on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

blaubär

Re: Intermittent automated media library refresh detected (Android)

Post by blaubär » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Does it help when you close Neutron before adding the data ?
Does it help when you manually refresh ( not fully rescan ) the source(s) after adding the data ?

regulus

Post by regulus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 pm

blaubär wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm
Does it help when you close Neutron before adding the data ?
Does it help when you manually refresh ( not fully rescan ) the source(s) after adding the data ?
'closing Neutron before adding the data' might help, but then where's the fun in that? :D

I will try doing all that, and will get back to you with more information soon, thank you.

regulus

Post by regulus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Re: 'closing Neutron before adding the data' — works perfectly, no missing tracks!

'manually refresh (not fully rescan) the source(s) after adding the data' — will check next time, when active Neutron will add only part of tracks.
Last edited by regulus on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

regulus

Re: [FIXED] Intermittent automated media library refresh detected (Android)

Post by regulus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:09 am

I changed status of this post into [FIXED] — in order to add discs properly without any tracks missing — close Neutron — add data — start Neutron — it will add new discs accurately — what else one can desire.

UPDATE I forgot to mention — usually I first create music folder in Android, and then copy files into it — if I wait a bit longer, and then copy music files, the disc may not appear at all — so then I would need to force Neutron to re-scan the data by modifying the folder name etc.