Keyboard Input Type For Search Issue

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Mellow1301

Re: Keyboard Input Type For Search Issue

Post by Mellow1301 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Lavi Jaat 1232 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 am
Mellow1301 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm
Lavi Jaat 1232 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am
Android automatically switches the input mode according to the field which it is in. For example The fields which only allow to enter numbers automatically change the input to numerical and this also happens in incognito browsing mode. So there is something in Neutron's Search bar which is causing Android or Gboard to think that it's an email address input.
Okay, that was what I thought it was. One particular example (I believe in C++) was that within the code of the app you can have "InputType.TEXT" and other variations thereof, like "InputType.TEXT_VARIATION_EMAIL", etc. I do not know how that particular library determines its defaults, nor what specific library they were using. :ugeek:
I also know C++ but I don't think that Neutron is programmed in C++ because it is cross platform.
I wouldnt call myself knowledgable at all, I just know what to look for on google sometimes.

Lavi Jaat 1232

Re: Keyboard Input Type For Search Issue

Post by Lavi Jaat 1232 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:58 am

Mellow1301 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm
Lavi Jaat 1232 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 am
Mellow1301 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Okay, that was what I thought it was. One particular example (I believe in C++) was that within the code of the app you can have "InputType.TEXT" and other variations thereof, like "InputType.TEXT_VARIATION_EMAIL", etc. I do not know how that particular library determines its defaults, nor what specific library they were using. :ugeek:
I also know C++ but I don't think that Neutron is programmed in C++ because it is cross platform.
I wouldnt call myself knowledgable at all, I just know what to look for on google sometimes.
:lol: :lol: Me too. Stackoverflow and Google are the most visited website in my browser. But Neutron isn't programmed in C++ because only a few Android APIs support C++ and you can't make extensions in C++. Also you can see that execution speed of Neutron is slow and C++ apps are blazing fast. I think it's programmed in a cross platform language.