Ztella USB DAC compatibility

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
maddog510

Ztella USB DAC compatibility

Post by maddog510 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:24 pm

I recently switched over to the Ztella USB DAC that was released toward the end of last year & notice some things that are a little off. 1st off under audio hardware it doesn't list the name of the DAC like it does when I was using the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt. It just says USB. Another anomaly is under the list of frequencies under follow source frequency, it doesn't show all of the available sample rates that this is capable of working with. It shows from 48000-192,000hZ. It's capable of going up 384kHz. All of my 44.1kHz files are being upsampled to 48kHz which is what I don't want. USB Audio Player Pro can play back @ 44.1 kHz with this so I know it's not an issue with the DAC. Even under custom format I have all of the sample rates selected up to 384kHz with follow source frequency activated & it still doesn't make a difference. Last thing is that the volume doesn't stay where I like to listen @. I usually listen @ 90% & Neutron keeps putting it @ 87% even between track changes. I'm wondering if Neutron hasn't fully adopted this DAC yet.

blaubär

Re: Ztella USB DAC compatibility

Post by blaubär » Mon May 25, 2020 7:48 am

Does the problem still persist with the new version 2.14.0 ?
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.14.0:
[...]
! Fixed:
- USB driver: support for some synchronous DACs and DACs with microphones;
[...]
If yes then I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com .