Purchased neutron player and change Android rom

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Riplii

Purchased neutron player and change Android rom

Post by Riplii » Sun May 10, 2020 7:42 am

Hello,
I have bought the neutron player for my fiio x5iii and very happy with it. Now I would like to change the rom of the device and I'm wondering if will have to purchase again neutron. I hope not because the neutron player is quite expensive... (But very good 😄)
I have tried to find the answer everywhere with no luck... Sorry if has been posted already.

Thanks

Diego

blaubär

Re: Purchased neutron player and change Android rom

Post by blaubär » Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 am

If you've bought a valid license via PayPro or Google PlayStore, you can use that as long as you control the email address that is connected to that license, see Buy and PayPro and Android without PlayStore and PlayStore . Maybe it even works if you save the Neutron directory and restore it after the os install, but I won't count on that.

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Sun May 10, 2020 8:56 pm

-X5iii User-

Saving NeutronMP directory won’t keep your license info. So long as whatever ROM (stock/fidelizer) you’re using keeps google play or some email client for web license, you’ll just need to reinstall as initially done (& don’t forget to install neon version afterwards if done via google play).

Saving NeutronMP directory will save you from having to do a full media library rescan, however.

Riplii

Post by Riplii » Mon May 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Thank you for your answers,
When I have done it I let you know if everything worked.

Do you know other ROMs apart from fidelizer?

Thanks

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Mon May 11, 2020 11:31 pm

I’d honestly say keep stock firmware v1.2.3 but install custom kernel, see: https://kernelmods.com. Anything newer (see firmware v1.2.4 & v1.2.5) just packs a different version of stock player (which as you’re on Neutron, can be ignored).

Riplii

Post by Riplii » Tue May 12, 2020 8:31 am

I use also spotify and and I miss having an EQ for that. Neutron has a very good one but with spotify there is no choice. I tried with the eq included in android but does not work. I installed another one but does not work either.
WIll changing the kernel make it easier to use an eq?
Or I better change the rom?
Thank you again for the replies

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 am

Riplii wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:31 am
I use also spotify and and I miss having an EQ for that. Neutron has a very good one but with spotify there is no choice.
You might think about supporting the proposal to make Neutron a Chromecast Receiver :
lycanthrope wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:42 pm
New here and enjoying using the app very much for music on my phone and on my minidlna server outputing to a chromecast audio attached to my DAC-Amp/Speakers.

I would love to be able to play music streams such as spotify, tidal, qobuz etc. to my hifi via Neutron so as to make use of the equalisers. I'm sure that there are many ways to do this, but making the app appear on the network as a chromecast device which could be selected as an output from (for example) the spotify app would be a straightforward user experience.

Lavi Jaat 1232

Post by Lavi Jaat 1232 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am

Riplii wrote:
I use also spotify and and I miss having an EQ for that. Neutron has a very good one but with spotify there is no choice. I tried with the eq included in android but does not work. I installed another one but does not work either.
Did you try Viper4Droid?

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Riplii wrote:
Altogether just avoid any ROMs besides stock. To quote developer of custom kernel (prispewnic) “ In the version of this firmware for $ 100, there are also no sound or performance improvements. 90% of the tweaks used in it do not work or are incompatible with X5-3.

Custom Kernel install procedure involves getting root access; which is required for any kind of viper4android system level EQ going. I myself haven’t ventured into that, if you’re interested I can enquire about install procedure for v4a from custom kernel devs. They had talked about including it as a module in the next iteration (but is very much on back burner).

Riplii

Post by Riplii » Sun May 17, 2020 11:32 am

Hi there! In the end I have installed the custom kernel and also the fidelizer pure rom. Amazing work! The kernel makes this player like a rabbit !;D I was quite disappointed with the player but now very happy.
WitzyZed: now I'm root so I could try viper. Thanks for offering yourself to enquire about it, that would be great!
It's a real shame the lack of a system eq in such an expensive player...

Thanks