Neutron Player and Forum Newbie with Problems

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: Neutron Player and Forum Newbie with Problems

Post by blaubär » Mon May 04, 2020 5:19 pm

For the FiiO M11 see Fiio M11 . You'll either have to buy a license via PayPro How to buy Neutron or install a special os version and install the play store on the FiiO ( which your dealer seems to have done, as you write ? ) and buy on the play store. And you'll have to buy yourself - this software isn't for free. It checks whether your email-acount ( or the one configured in Neutron ) has bought on PayPro, in the case of the Play Store the check is done via the Play Services. When in doubt contact neutronmp@gmail.com .

The internet connection is needed just once. After the license has been verified Neutron won't check again. Or so the developer says.

JaZZ

Post by JaZZ » Mon May 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Blaubär...

...thanks for your help! The good news is that I have found another «Neutron» icon on the second page of the «desktop» (which I normally don't visit) – and it's not named «Neutron (Eval)» like the one I already know, just «Neutron». Starting from this one makes for unlimited play time! So all is well now – with the right icon on the front page.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 pm

"All is well" if you bought a license and aren't using your dealer's.
JaZZ wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:51 pm
My dealer has installed the Neutron Player via Google Play on the FiiO player, on his own account and with his own password, so I can't do anything from my place. I haven't looked over his shoulder during his installation attampt, so don't know if he's followed the necessary proceedings.

JaZZ

Post by JaZZ » Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 pm

blaubär wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 pm
"All is well" if you bought a license and aren't using your dealer's.
Why do you consider this a problem? Of course I paid for the license, although it bears the dealer's name. However, I have a very good relationship to them and can rely on them if need be.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 05, 2020 4:56 am

JaZZ wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 pm
Why do you consider this a problem? Of course I paid for the license, although it bears the dealer's name. However, I have a very good relationship to them and can rely on them if need be.
Because then you don't have a valid license. The question would be : how does the dealer buy the license ? If you're not his only customer he'd have to buy more than one. This license goes with the email-address. Does the dealer create a new email-address for each customer that he then specifically uses for this purpose ? But then he'd tell you. Frankly : I doubt that he does buy a license per customer.

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 am

Yeah this sounds shady AF. Likelihood dealer is pocketing “cost” which never reaches the developer? HIGH.

If you don’t have the capability to put the license on another device of your choosing without going through someone else, it’s not your license.

Hate to sour this great relationship, but...

It would be at least a gray-er area if they just put a license on your device and you paid them nothing. But to have paid them to do so, like, that money does not trickle up in any way.

JaZZ

Post by JaZZ » Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 am

You have a wrong picture of the situation. It was my own decision to choose the dealer's name for the installation, as it was the only option at this moment. The store is small, specialized in portable audio and sells thousands of Android-based DAPs since they're on the market (and no smartphones). The special service they provided me with was a first, and they didn't even know Neutron. I'm pretty sure I will remain the only case of this sort – who doesn't have access to a WLAN these days! My main motivation to get the Neutron player was the poor equalizer implementation in «FiiO Music», the M11 Pro's default app, which otherwise is quite usable. I don't know many people (even on Head-Fi) who use equalizers with their IEMs. So it would need a highly improbable coincidence of these factors to lead to your horror scenario.

I do uderstand your concerns in terms of unfairness towards the developer, but they're inappropriate in this case.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 05, 2020 11:26 am

JaZZ wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 am
You have a wrong picture of the situation. It was my own decision to choose the dealer's name for the installation, as it was the only option at this moment. [...] The special service they provided me with was a first, and they didn't even know Neutron. [...]
I do uderstand your concerns in terms of unfairness towards the developer, but they're inappropriate in this case.
  • You don't need WLAN, just internet
  • I don't see why the dealer couldn't use your email
  • You don't have a valid license.

JaZZ

Post by JaZZ » Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am

Look, I tried to download the Neutron Player from the Microsoft Store (via Neutron homepage). I paid for it, but couldn't download it. I had the wrong idea that I would download the program file to install it on my FiiO player afterwards – but that's not how it works: You can't donwload the app, you can just install it online. Again you're saying that I could have done it via my router at home. It's just that the M11 Pro doesn't have an Ethernet port, so there's no way to enter the internet without WLAN – unless you can show me how.

It's not just about the e-mail address, you have to use your Google account to access the Play Store. I never had anything to do with Google's Play Store, so this wasn't really an option – I also don't own a smartphone, just to clarify. Maybe the dealer could have used my e-mail address nontheless, but I doubt it. However, I wasn't involved in the installation process, so this was out of reach.

In short: I paid for the Neutron Player twice and now own it. Of course you can report my crime to the police.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Whatever you did with the Microsoft Store and whatever your dealer did with the Google Play Store or PayPro - you don't have a valid license for Neutron on your FiiO M11. Just that you know should problems arise. Whether it's a crime to use Neutron without a valid license or not is neither my business nor the point we're talking about here.