Library loosing data when quitting app

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Stevehudds

Library loosing data when quitting app

Post by Stevehudds » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 pm

installed on iphone with paths set in library to nas shares about 100k tracks, all works fine but when app is quit and re-launched all the tracks are missing and have to be refreshed taking about 10 mins, its like the data is only stored in ram and not saved on phone, obviously this is not acceptable, does anyone know how this can be sorted ?

blaubär

Re: Library loosing data when quitting app

Post by blaubär » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:30 am

"paths set in library to nas" - what does that mean, symbolic links in the file system(s) ? Or source entries ?

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:34 am

In settings/media library/sources, set to share on nas drive that contains folders with tracks in, when the app is quit and re-launched the source paths are retained but all the tracks that were identified/imported are lost in the albums/song window, so the library sources all have to be refreshed to get them back

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:54 am

Perhaps that's related to the problem you had some weeks ago ?
Stevehudds wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:08 pm
Think Ive found the problem, setting the path to nas using dnla upnp seems to stop the structure being identified correctly also selecting a folder structure with more 1000 tracks crashes dnla connection, all seems to work connecting using smb Thanks to all

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 am

I was also wondering if its using smb, dnla was causing other problems

Stevehudds

Post by Stevehudds » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am

Think i know what is happening, If I quit the app and re-launch it there are no songs displayed, if I just leave the phone for about 10 mins the songs appear, so it looks like the app has to check the tracks are there before displaying them, does anyone know if this is the way it works