Same song appears 4 times after scan?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: Same song appears 4 times after scan?

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 am

A new version 2.13.1 containing fixes for UPnP has been announced.
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.13.1:
[...]
! Fixed:
[...]
- UPnP Renderer could start playing local track instead of next remote;
- UPnP Renderer could not keep playing if Loop Track List was active;
- local track starts playing when UPnP Renderer is interrupted by the system;
- crash fixes in case of malformed SMB packet's data;
[...]

orlando

Post by orlando » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:46 am

Thanks for the heads up. Does any of that look like it addresses my issue do you think? Do you know if it is available now and updates within the app?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 am

It hasn't been released on the Play Store yet. I don't know whether it only affects the UPnP Renderer or also DLNA. It might, as DLNA works with UPnP. Or it might not :D , you'll have to give it a try.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 am

UPnP is a set of network protocols and data formats. DLNA offers further guidance and certification how to connect devices, especially with UPnP. It defines several types of devices, amongst others server, controller, player and renderer. The server provides the data, the controller receives them, the renderer processes them, the player seems to be a combined controller and renderer. I would think that Neutron works as a player. So fixes for the rendering part might help with DLNA.

orlando

Post by orlando » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 am

That's close to my set up. The difference is I only need Neutron to receive data from the NAS then pass on to my renderer, which is an Onkyo AV receiver. The fixes for the renderer could just fix it as passing to the renderer was the other issue to the multiple songs. It's the multiple songs that still provides the biggest barrier to the solution I'm looking for.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:18 pm

As to the question of tracks appearing mutiple times I got the following response from the developer :
UPnP media servers normally present tracks sorted by categories, like media library of Neutron. Neutron treats file as different from another if its path is different, so 2 tracks in different categories will be treated as different. So, to circumvent this you just need to find what category of UPnP server provides unique tracks, for example it can be All Folders, or Folders or Songs. Select just such one category for scanning.

orlando

Post by orlando » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Believe it or not I have actually got it to scan the NAS folder (which does have folders within it containing albums) and it appears to have just one copy of each song. I decided to uninstall and reinstall from the Play Store and this has done the trick. Next step is to get it to play throught the AV receiver. I'll keep you posted.