Does Anyone Understand How and If the AGP Setting Works

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
turbulance

Does Anyone Understand How and If the AGP Setting Works

Post by turbulance » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi all

Just wondering if the AGP feature actually works in NeutronMP?

I find on my iPhone that turning it on or off appears to make no difference in the volume level of any song.

Not having a manual doesn’t help. I have tried changing settings but no changes to them appear to make any difference to the volume either.

Thanks

blaubär

Re: Does Anyone Understand How and If the AGP Setting Works

Post by blaubär » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 am

turbulance wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 pm
Just wondering if the AGP feature actually works in NeutronMP?

I find on my iPhone that turning it on or off appears to make no difference in the volume level of any song.

Not having a manual doesn’t help. I have tried changing settings but no changes to them appear to make any difference to the volume either.
You use AGP to prevent the signal from exceeding the maximum possible value of 0 dB. This could happen if eg you increase the signal in the equalizer by 20 dB and then an input > -20 dB arrives. If you have activated AGP Neutron will reduce the preamp by "Sensitivity" multiplied by the signal excession, so that the resulting signal after the equalizer won't exceed 0 dB. Therefore it is a good idea to keep Sensitivity at 1.00 . The correction will be shown in "Reset Level" and persist until the next track starts. That is unless you deactivate "Reset on new Track", then it will will stay. To test the AGP you can eg temporarily increase the bass in the eq and then play a track with loud bass. Without AGB the sound is distorted, with AGP Neutron will reduce the preamp.

agp-1.PNG
agp-1.PNG (20.98 KiB) Viewed 2830 times

turbulance

Re: Does Anyone Understand How and If the AGP Setting Works

Post by turbulance » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanks. I’m an idiot, makes sense now. Especially now that I’ve worked out how to use the normalise feature in NMP. Thanks for the extra details.

It’s a shame we don’t have a Wiki for Neutron. We could then build that manual everyone is asking for. Forums are useless for this function because great information such as your reply just gets lost in the noise.