[FIXED] 1.64.0 internet streams not working anymore

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
mesterbester

[FIXED] 1.64.0 internet streams not working anymore

Post by mesterbester » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi
First of all thanks for updating neutron mp to support metadata from shoutcast streams.
Unfortunately the downside is that none of the streams are playing. Only artist and tracks are shown and counter always displays 00.00.
To verify my issue goto shoutcast.com and select a station homepage. On the homepage there should be a link to play via winamp. Once the link is chosen i get an option via my browser to open the .pls via an app. I chooose neutron of course. And then I have the issue of no playback but metadata is displayed correctly.

So i am back to the 1.63.0 version.

thanks for your support

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: 1.64.0 internet streams not working anymore

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm

I checked shoutcast.com and for me 1.64.1 is playing ok. May be you faced the bug from here: http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2219#p2219. Could you please try on latest version and notify if it is working ok for you now.

mesterbester

Post by mesterbester » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi dmitry.

Good work. 1.64.1 fixed the issue.
But I've notice a small issue with the metadata.
Everytime I enter into neutronmp either via the widget or from the lockscreen, the metadata is now reset to showing the queue number i.e. 1/6.
And pause then play the stream does not help. Only way to get it to show the metadata again is to select a new stream or song and then reselect the original stream again.
I've not tried to see if the metadata is updated when the metadata in the stream is updated.

/mester

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Mester :)

> the metadata is now reset to showing the queue number i.e. 1/6

The thing is that metadata is constantly updated with regular interval but it won't be updated if not changed. I will improve implementation so it does not become reset on UI re-enter, thank you for pointing to it.

Best regards,
Dmitry.