Output to AirPlay receiver doesn't seem to work

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
pyngme

Output to AirPlay receiver doesn't seem to work

Post by pyngme » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:53 am

If I attempt to stream from Neutron to my WiFi network Airplay capable receiver (running on my iPad (w/ latest iOS as of 1/1/2020)), nothing happens. The Airplay receiver is listed as an output source from Neutron menu, but there is no sound after selecting it. If a song is playing when you attempt this, the song stops after 30 seconds or so.

Conversely, If I select 'Airplay' from the IPad and toggle the output source to the Airplay receiver, I can hear the audio playing from Neutron.

It would be nice to be able go through the Neutron interface vs. Apple AirPlay menu both to be able to make the AirPlay choice static, but also to be able to stream only music and not all audio from the original source (e.g., iPad iOS menu Airplay options).

blaubär

Re: Output to AirPlay receiver doesn't seem to work

Post by blaubär » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:15 am

pyngme wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:53 am
If I attempt to stream from Neutron to my WiFi network Airplay capable receiver (running on my iPad (w/ latest iOS as of 1/1/2020)), nothing happens. The Airplay receiver is listed as an output source from Neutron menu, but there is no sound after selecting it. If a song is playing when you attempt this, the song stops after 30 seconds or so.
As output via airplay is mentioned in the release notes, it is supported. And it seems to be a known problem :
SouthwindBK wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:25 pm
I can not adjust the audio output via DLNA Audio receiver "Airmusic NW11":
[...]
The device is displayed in the list of airplay playback devices DLNA. When it is selected, start playback, but the music does not play, and after some time the player goes into pause mode.

At the same time play through programs and BubbleUPnP iMediaShare is made easy, simple and generally without any configuration = \
I suggest you write to the developer at neutronmp@gmail.com .

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Output to AirPlay receiver doesn't seem to work

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:22 pm

You need to activate output via iOS control panel (top right corner of the screen), not from Neutron's Output To section.