iOS 13 : Some songs are played but there is no sound at all

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: iOS 13 : Some songs are played but there is no sound at all

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:16 pm

turbulance wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 pm
I rarely ever listen to my music via my iPhone speakers but I did try today but I’m only getting silence. In fact I think this is the first time I’ve tried using the speakers.

I note that NeutronMP is trying to play my 44.1k flac filled at 48k.

I’ve tried resetting the Audio Hardware settings and even forcing output to 44.1 but the player continues to play at 48.

Music plays with all of my lighting and USB DACs thankfully.

I’m on iOS 13.4 beta right now.
Please contact neutronmp@gmail.com

kangdaniel

Post by kangdaniel » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 am

turbulance wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 pm
Has there been any new information on this bug?

I rarely ever listen to my music via my iPhone speakers but I did try today but I’m only getting silence. In fact I think this is the first time I’ve tried using the speakers.

I note that NeutronMP is trying to play my 44.1k flac filled at 48k.

I’ve tried resetting the Audio Hardware settings and even forcing output to 44.1 but the player continues to play at 48.

Music plays with all of my lighting and USB DACs thankfully.

I’m on iOS 13.4 beta right now.
I think it’s iOS isue. Mine has same problem. To solve this, I have to move all songs from itunes to neutron folder.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:09 am

kangdaniel wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:02 am
I think it’s iOS isue. Mine has same problem. To solve this, I have to move all songs from itunes to neutron folder.
Do I understand that correctly : if you have local music files on your device in a certain directory structure ( where iTunes usually keeps its files ) then Neutron will find and scan the tracks and then you can play them, but you won't hear any sound from the speakers, but it works with the headphones ? And if you have files in another ( any other ? ) local directory then the output works on both headphones and speakers ?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:54 am

This would be a very strange effect. Might be something with the iOs or with Neutron's implementation on iOs. Apple seems to have introduced a new feature Audio Sharing on iOs . Perhaps there is something that you can configure on your device ?