Poor connectivity to UPnP/DLNA Renderer

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
djgw

Poor connectivity to UPnP/DLNA Renderer

Post by djgw » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:01 pm

I've just purchased this app intending to play music to a stereo pair of Sonos Play 1's. When I use Neutron with the 'Output To' option the app starts scanning my network however it is usually a very long wait - often 5 to 10 minutes before one of the renderers is found and can be accessed - sometimes only one of the pair show up.

After making a connection and playing to one of the renderers it either doesn't work at all with the play button changing to pause after a few seconds - or playing starts, but only to one speaker.

In contrast, when using the BubbleUPnP app, (among other apps) connections are instant with the renderers immediately visible and playback starting without delay to both speakers in stereo. I also use the net analyser app which instantly sees the renderers on the network.

I've gone through a process of checking / changing the router's wifi channel to one with least interference and set up SonosNet to get the most optimal environment for the renderers. There's excellent signal strength between all components. And the Sonos firmware is updated to the latest.

Is this behaviour a bug or is there something I'm missing in the configuration. How can I improve connectivity?

Thanks in advance.

blaubär

Re: Poor connectivity to UPnP/DLNA Renderer

Post by blaubär » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 am

Did you solve the problem in the meantime ?

blaubär

Re: Poor connectivity to UPnP/DLNA Renderer

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:41 am

A new version 2.13.1 containing fixes for UPnP has been announced.
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.13.1:
[...]
! Fixed:
[...]
- UPnP Renderer could start playing local track instead of next remote;
- UPnP Renderer could not keep playing if Loop Track List was active;
- local track starts playing when UPnP Renderer is interrupted by the system;
- crash fixes in case of malformed SMB packet's data;
[...]