Fiio M11

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
M0USER

Fiio M11

Post by M0USER » Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 am

I own NeutronMP for my phone and am very pleased with it.

I recently bought a Fiio M11, which runs Android 7 (I think),
and can access the Play Store through an app called Aurora.
Which works great for anything that doesn't use the
Google Play Store authentication.

So I purchased the non-google play version of NeutronMP from your website,
but I see that even this version requires something to check
against my email address.

And it doesn't seem to be working the Paypro way, so what should I do
to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

blaubär

Re: Fiio M11

Post by blaubär » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 am

M0USER wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 am
And it doesn't seem to be working the Paypro way, so what should I do
to get this working?
You mean, you registered your valid email account as described in
The e-mail account which is used for the purchase must be valid and registered in the Accounts section of the settings of your Android device as IMAP/POP3 or Google account.

and yet it doesn't work ?

M0USER

Post by M0USER » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Hmm.... saw that but didn't think it was applicable to my situation.

So I have to enter a real pop3 account? I only use gmail.

Do i use Neutron's email server?

This doesn't make any sense.

M0USER

Post by M0USER » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 pm

There's no such thing as Google accounts for the M11.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am

Well, you're not the only one :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4157
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3723
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m1 ... t-14953170

This guy here proposes a solution :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m1 ... t-14906416
1. Purchase Neutron Music Player on PayPro. This process is a bit annoying. I paid with PayPal and had to reply to an email to confirm my purchase. Make sure to remember which email you used to make the purchase. This may be different from your PayPal/etc. email.

2. Install the app from Neutron's website. ARM64 I believe. http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category ... droid.html

3. The worst part is soon to be upon us! Go to settings > help > account. You should see some information about the evaluation period. Next, hit the + to add an account.

Screenshot_20190418-222557_Neutron.jpg Screenshot_20190418-222802_Neutron.jpg

4. Here's the awful part. Add your email by setting up the email server and login information. I used a gmail account with 2-factor authentication as well as a temporary app password, but there are obvious security concerns involved here. You'll have to consult your email service for the server information. You may also have to do additional configuration. For example, with gmail, I had to enable the POP3/IMAP connections to my mailbox. Your email must be the one you entered when purchasing the app via PayPro.

Example for gmail:

Server: pop3s://pop.gmail.com
Username: #####@gmail.com
Password: #####

5. After entering the info, hit the check mark. This will bring you back to the ACCOUNT menu. You should see your email here.

If the email is yellow and stays yellow after waiting for a short while, then Neutron is having difficulties connecting to your email. Something is not configured correctly, in this case.

If the email turns white, then it has successfully connected and should soon process the registration. You can confirm this by returning to the settings > help menu. If the evaluation period information has disappeared, then your license has been successfully registered on the device.

M0USER

Post by M0USER » Sat May 18, 2019 9:39 pm

It worked, but you need to disable Two Factor Auth, enable Pop3 access, and also Enable Less Secure apps.

Bit of a PITA, but it does work.

I re-enabled everything for Gmail.com and hopefully it's just a one time activation needed and not something that I need to have enables all the time.

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi,

Fellow M11 owner here. I wonder how did you set up Neutron? I'm only able to see 44100 listed as the available frequencies in the Audio Hardware menu. Did you manually configure the generic driver? If so, how did you do it? Which other settings did you change in order to run Neutron in HD in the M11?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 pm

If device lacks ability to add e-mail account (for example Gmail) to the OS then the other way is to add it manually to Neutron via: Settings -> Help -> Account -> [+].

If account is added Neutron tries to login to it and if succeeds this e-mail becomes valid for the license check, as if it was obtained from the OS as e-mail account.

The details are in FAQ:

Q: I purchased Neutron via PayPro but still getting Trial Expire, how to fix it?
http://neutronmp.com/faq

This check will work even with non-Android environment.

For M11 owners: next update will feature full hi-res support of M11: PCM up to 32/384 kHz, DSD. Currently you can use Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver -> Custom Format and get hi-res PCM output:

Format: 32-bit Int
Frequencies: 44100 - 384000
Mode: Primary

jimfaker

Post by jimfaker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:08 am

That's great! Yeah in the end I configured it exactly as you advised. When can we expect the new release!?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Hopefully update will be released on the next week.