Group / Split by Album Artist

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Group / Split by Album Artist

Post by blaubär » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Under Settings > Media Library you can define what Neutron should regard as an album. I've got two questions regarding the option there :

Per default "Group by Album Artist" is enabled. The text here says "... ignoring other artists ...". But it seems they are not always ignored - I have got albums without any album artist tag, and at least in these circumstances the artist is correctly identified by the artist tag. So it would seem that this option only applies if there is an album artist, but different artists. Correct ?

Another option is "Split Album by Album Artist". This shouldn't matter at all if "Group by Album Artist" is enabled. Because then songs with different album artists aren't put together into one album in the first place. Correct ?

blaubär

Re: Group / Split by Album Artist

Post by blaubär » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 pm

well, one year later, nobody else seems to have an opinion ... now I think if there are two options both are equally important ... that would mean with regard to the resulting effective artist
  • if the album artists match
    • if "Group by Album Artists" is set then it's one album with the common album artist and no further regard to the artists
    • otherwise the album artists are ignored and it depends on the artists
  • if the album artists do not match
    • if "Split Album by Album Artists" is set then we have different albums, the album artists are taken as such
    • otherwise the album artists are ignored and it depends on the artists
did anybody ever try that out if one or both of the two options aren't set ?