Android Auto doesn't work correctly

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CarlFredricksen

Android Auto doesn't work correctly

Post by CarlFredricksen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 pm

First of all: Thank you for including Neutron in Android Auto.
But I have a strange problem: when I connect my Phone to my car radio everything works fine - but no sound is played.
Checking Neutron I noticed that the volume scale blinks, showing that it may work correctly. But the sound is not played by the car speakers.
I tried for over an hour - without success. Two Times the first few seconds of a song could be heard, then the player paused. When I restarted it, again it played without sound. Just one time it worked for a longer time - but I could not reproduce it.

Trying VLC player or Rocket Player e.g. everything works like it should. From the first time on.

Do I have to make special settings?
Or is it a bug?
Could you please fix it? It is extremely annoying.

My device is a BlackBerry KeyOne with Android 8.1, my car an Opel Crossland X with Radio R4.0 IntelliLink.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Android Auto doesn't work correctly

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:18 am

Sound output does not depend on Android Auto. Android Auto is just the way to browse media library and show the Playing Now info.

CarlFredricksen

Post by CarlFredricksen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:07 am

That means using Android Auto the sound comes still via Bluetooth?
Nevertheless using NMP with a BT connection works, but using Android Auto means: no sound After 5 seconds.
And because AA works with other Media Players without problems there has to be a problem with NMP.

kyzhuchan

Post by kyzhuchan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 am

Ah, is that the reason why neutron only works for a few sec on android auto and just stops? It's because it's trying to send the audio through BT?

I also cannot make neutron work properly with android auto. Currently use poweramp for android auto and that works flawlessly.

CarlFredricksen

Post by CarlFredricksen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:49 am

My car shows that audio comes through USB... 🤔

I realized that in my car Neutron works with AA and a BlackBerry Priv with Android 6. The Opel HP for compatibilty with mobiles and cars only offers mobiles with maximum Android 7.

Still it's funny that audio works with other apps on my BlackBerry KeyONE with Android 8 - but only Neutron doesn't work 🤨

CarlFredricksen

Post by CarlFredricksen » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:34 am

After playing for some time correctly (after you sent link to download NMP an seemed to create another account for me) the same problems occurs again: NMP stopps after about 30 seconds and shows that testing period is over...

Starting my device several times works to this moment, but the periods that it doesn't work this way get longer (means: I have to start more often). Doing this while driving is very annoying - and dangerous

Could you please help me?