Fiio X5 3rd gen app keeps closing

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
nekromantik

Fiio X5 3rd gen app keeps closing

Post by nekromantik » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi
I have had this issue ever since I purchased the app.
After a song finishes neutron closes itself without errors. The music stops and then when you unlock the screen the app closes.
I emailed support but no avail.

blaubär

Re: Fiio X5 3rd gen app keeps closing

Post by blaubär » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 am

What is your playback mode ? Play track once ? If yes, do you want that ?
Does your smartphone "optimize" apps ? Could you deactivate that, completely or just for neutron ?

nekromantik

Post by nekromantik » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:33 pm

blaubär wrote:What is your playback mode ? Play track once ? If yes, do you want that ?
Does your smartphone "optimize" apps ? Could you deactivate that, completely or just for neutron ?
Playback mode is shuffle.
Its not a smartphone, Im using Fiio X5 3rd gen DAP. Dont think I can disable it if it does it.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 am

You wrote : "Playback mode is shuffle"
I didn't mean the shuffling - I meant what neutron calls "playback mode" - the button on the left : loop track list / play track list once / loop track etc

nekromantik

Post by nekromantik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm

its loop track list

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:08 pm

I couldn't reproduce that with my Samsung S7.

But I found a german forum
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-125-10052-8.html
where someone ( #395 erstellt: 24. Nov 2017, 17:39 ) told about a bug similar to yours.

In short : he thinks it happens when Neutron accesses music from internal memory
And then he got himself a Neutron Installation from Google Play Store, and that was without the bug.
The faulty Installation had been from Fiio market.

And he tells about the excellent neutron forum :-) where the admin responded immediately :-)

nekromantik

Post by nekromantik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:14 pm

I am using the app from play store also not from fiio store.
also not got any music in my library on internal storage

it may be that Neutron is being killed by the Low Memory Killer as if I change it to be less aggressive then normal it does not do this but of course you need to root your device in order to do workaround which I dont want to keep doing

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:37 am

So the Fiio X5 hasn't that much memory ...

http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 948#p11733
wavestar wrote:I have a Fiio X5 III and use the Neutron Player since some months.

Since 1 week I have a problem. After I playback my albums the player shutdown after approx. 15 minutes. I must restart Neutron again, and than the playback starts again without any problems. After the next 15 minutes the same problem.
I have also installed the Teac HR player, and have no problems with the playback. The whole album will playback without any automatically shutdowns.
I don't have installed any new apps, and I also use since 6 months thelast firmware update from Fiio.
So I think I must activated or de-activated any setting in the Neutron app, but I can't find the right setting.
Have anyone an idea, because I like the Neutron player, and it play perfect on my Fiio
Thanks