[NOT BUG] autoscan duplicates song entries in database

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
batkinson001

[NOT BUG] autoscan duplicates song entries in database

Post by batkinson001 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 pm

not sure if this is a bug but when i have the program autoscan my playbook (it wont let me do a manual setup) for music it duplicates the entries... and i can't seem to be able to remove the offending album/song entries... long pressing does not give me a delete option.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: autoscan duplicates song entries in database

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 pm

> it wont let me do a manual setup

How does it happen? You do not see folders? Could you please clarify. Normally when you press MANUAL you are given the list of folders you can select top-level folders and then press DONE for the directory selection dialog to start scanning procedure based on your selection.

> long pressing does not give me a delete option

You can try delete all Source entries in Playlist screen -> scroll list to Sources -> long press on each source and use DELETE button. Then after you deleted all source entries you can try creating new by pressing the NEW button.

As to duplication:
Are there any symbolic links inside /shared/music folder to own, the same contents?

batkinson001

Post by batkinson001 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 am

>How does it happen? You do not see folders? Could you please clarify. Normally when you press MANUAL you are given the list of folders you can select top-level folders and >then press DONE for the directory selection dialog to start scanning procedure based on your selection.

> >long pressing does not give me a delete option

>You can try delete all Source entries in Playlist screen -> scroll list to Sources -> long press on each source and use DELETE button. Then after you deleted all source entries >you can try creating new by pressing the NEW button.

thanks, I guess I was not pressing long enough...

>As to duplication:
> Are there any symbolic links inside /shared/music folder to own, the same contents?

As to this, when I first got the player installed I was able to access manual source setup and had selected some ARTIST folders inside the MUSIC folder...
i removed the source as you said, and readded the MUSIC folder on manual, my 2105 songs now show as that amount.

Thanks!

another thing I have noticed tonight is that I cannot get the time remaning in the song clock to go away, somehow I appear to have made this stay permanently on the screen with the normal song time clock... even if it is unchecked in settings...

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 am

> I cannot get the time remaning in the song clock to go away, somehow I appear to have made this stay permanently on the screen with the normal song time clock

May be you have Power Saver mode activated? If so you will see song time passed/remaining and no specturm bars.

liona1982

Re: [NOT BUG] autoscan duplicates song entries in database

Post by liona1982 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:42 am

Please install Duplicate Files Deleter as this is the best software available right now.