Neutron "hanging" problems

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
StuPC

Re: Neutron "hanging" problems

Post by StuPC » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Dimitry - I'll give this a try. :-)
Best,
Stu

StuPC

Post by StuPC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Some interesting results after trying your suggestions, Dimitry - and I also took the advice of another forum (not for Neutron, just generally to improve sd card performance).
I formatted the card and did a factory reset on my phone and things are MUCH better. Starting first time Neutron is still quite slow, and the Artist and Album sections both hang for about five seconds, but after that they're almost instant!

Thanks very much for your help and suggestions - Neutron is now my #1 music player for Android. :-)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:03 pm

For the first time, or once you enter to UI and press Albums/Artists for the first time, there is delay because list gets populated with data. On big database it is a bit time consuming operation. When I started development of Neutron my goal was to use as less CPU and Memory (RAM) as possible and not to store anything on SD. E.g. Neutron was planned to be very conservative to resource usage. May be I shall cache some data in RAM more (some data is already cached) to speed things up. Access to SQL database is still not that fast as I wanted it.

Anyway, with time being I will improve lists access times anyway.

StuPC

Post by StuPC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Would it be possible to have a "high performance/big database" version that takes advantage of the S3's speed and power AND the latest 64Gb SD cards, do you think? I'm not bothered about using a lot of CPU or RAM because the S3 has loads! :-)
But I'm a happy Neutron user for now. :-D
Best,
Stu

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:40 pm

I will try to do my best :)

Grillis

Post by Grillis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Hello, this is my first post... I wanted to comment on hanging issues. I had a big problem today with regards to that. I had already planned on going into ignoring folders, so I didn't get video game sounds / ringtones / audio books on my playlist!! What I noticed, was that Neutron created multiple folders for the same files...there was "emulated" folder, which then had 2 folders "0" and "legacy" which had duplicate files. there was also an "sd" folder which had some similar folders. I'm not sure if this had to do with my HTC one stock 4.3 or with Neutron duplicating files. I stuck with this

storage(main folder)
>emulated
>legacy

and voila! no debilitating performance issue's!! and now my CD's don't have 3x the amount of files as well. I hope this helps you or someone! If you could direct me to a great thread which shows me how to make some custom pre-sets I can make for different music types, as I'm a super noob.

Grillis

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:49 pm

> Neutron created multiple folders for the same files...there was "emulated" folder, which then had 2 folders "0" and "legacy" which had duplicate files.

Neutron is not creating them. This is how some Android firmwares are made. I do not know what was the reason for creating ambiguous paths by firmware devs but it is true that Android platform is an absolute mess regarding consistent directory structure.

Dohmar

Post by Dohmar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:13 am

I get the locking glitch when using the neon version for some reason.

ie The player is playing a flac, and I go into the album or artist list it freezes and I cant select the individual song - I press it on the screen and the UI is locked for 5-6 seconds - then it loads the song and plays fine.

Only thing I can think of that might also be an issue is my SD card - class 4 instead of class 10, however 4mb per second should be more than ample to read files, and the write is 2mb a second - surely Neutron doesnt dump a huge file on SD card when navigating folders? I can understand a slight delay when loading the DB into memory, and even longer when creating the DB initially scanning the SD card but the lockup glitch is a huge annoyance.

I've uninstalled the neon version and reverted to the latest (non neon) version on play store - no problems seen so far - will keep testing this to see if there is any issue and will update this thread within the week.

Cheers
-D

liona1982

Post by liona1982 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

Well, according to me in my opinion Duplicate Files Deleter is the best because I am still using it now for more than 3 years & will continue to do so as it is so user friendly, simple to use & you can do anything with it & I would definitely recommend it to everyone out there who wants to sort/manage/delete any of their duplicate files & you can choose to delete any files you don't want across all platforms just like myself who have been using this amazing software without any problems. Also it supports all file extensions out there. But please backup important files first. Please use it to believe me & I am being serious here.