[?] Player randomly shutting down

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CUFCfan616

[?] Player randomly shutting down

Post by CUFCfan616 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 am

I'm using a Galaxy S3 and I'm pretty sure since the latest update for Android Neutron has been randomly shutting itself down while running in the background or while it's open and I'm browsing music. There's nothing wrong with the files and music will pick up where it stops once I re-open it. Intervals between it closing aren't the same so I'm fairly sure there's nothing I've changed in the settings, it could be twice within two songs or twice every 20 songs. Would a re-installation help at all?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Player randomly shutting down

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 am

> Would a re-installation help at all?

You shall certainly try it because Android OS has rare problem when updating application, sometimes APK gets screwed but remains working introducing strange bugs.

To avoid loosing your settings/DB you shall move necessary files as explained here:
http://neutronmp.com/faq (Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?)

keeska

Post by keeska » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

The am experiencing the same behavior - player randomly shutting down and my home screen displaying. restarting the player and it continues from where it stopped. Sometimes it'll stop after 3 or 4 minutes and sometimes I can get through an entire album or even two before it stops.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.0.4, latest neutron vesrion from the google play store.

I saw mention of 44.1 vs 48 khz in another thread. All of my music is 44.1 khz so this does not apply.

Delete and re-install did not solve the problem.

WHat should I do next to solve this?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 am

> keeska

This is really strange. All my dev. devices work well and I am using Neutron in everyday life too, so no notice of instability. Did you have previous versions more stable than 1.62?

Also which version are you using, NEON or simple VFP (from market). Could you try NEON and check whether it works better for you?

keeska

Post by keeska » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 am

Hi,

I recall the very first version I installed months ago had this problem. It was went away with an update and has remained gone until the latest update. I am using VFP. I'll try the NEON version and update this topic.

Thanks,

kees

CUFCfan616

Re: [?] Player randomly shutting down

Post by CUFCfan616 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 pm

In the past day I've started to experience this problem again after having no problems since I last posted. Reading the above, and apologies for lack of knowledge on my behalf, but where can I get the NEON version? I'm using what I downloaded from the Play Store so I'd assume that'd be the VFP version?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 am

NEON version is here: http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category ... -play.html. If you started experiencing some crashes try uninstalling/reinstalling, may be app cache got corrupted somehow.

htom

Post by htom » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Just tossing in a word here that I also had this problem after the last update was installed, and that uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. It was pretty consistent in my case, stopping playback about 4-5 minutes into a track. The player itself would still be active but unresponsive, forcing me to kill the process through an app manager. To me it suggested the update process wasn't as seamless as before.