better scrolling

Report bugs and unexpected behavior here.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: better scrolling

Post by dmitrykos » Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Hi,

> what the slider in User Interface > Rewind Track does ?

It sets threshold for the track progress after which Neutron will rewind track to its beginning if Prev if pressed, if below this threshold then Neutron will switch to previous track.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon May 11, 2020 4:05 pm

dmitrykos wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Hi,

> what the slider in User Interface > Rewind Track does ?

It sets threshold for the track progress after which Neutron will rewind track to its beginning if Prev if pressed, if below this threshold then Neutron will switch to previous track.
Thanks a lot ! That was hard to guess !

It tested it : if set to 0 then every Prev will switch to previous track. If set to 1 nearly every Prev will rewind. The behaviour when set to 0 is strange : then the track surely isn't below the threshold and it should never switch to the previous track.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon May 11, 2020 6:19 pm

I created a proposal to slightly alter this setting :
blaubär wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 pm
Anyhow, I suggest to change it as follows, because it then seems more consitent :
  • A switch to the previous track should occur when the track's advance is equal to or smaller than the threshold set in "Rewind Track, %", and in the other case that the track's advance is bigger than the threshold then it should rewind to the beginning. So that in the case of the threshold set to 0 and the track even minimally advanced then a rewind should be done.
  • I further suggest to change the upper limit of the sider from 90 to 100. When set to 100 it would always switch to the previous track.