Almost there

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CJMCDM

Almost there

Post by CJMCDM » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm

I got almost all my album arts, showing up, it is strange, as the first song IS tagged with the album art, (and neutron shows it when playing the song) but it doesn't show it when you scroll through the album list, why is this?
no there is no album art file (There were, but they were low quality and looked UGLY)

Liveinthemoment

Re: Almost there

Post by Liveinthemoment » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 am

What I did when I had this issue with an album:

1) Scan on PC to determine if any files within an album are corrupt - http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1612
2) check tags are correct in mp3tag on your pc for all the files on the album, not just the first one - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
3) re-transfer the affected files to your android device (do NOT attempt to fix the tags using an Android app when this problem occurs - there is a consistent rate of tagging errors with all those I have tried - I have 500 CDs so that's why I know this - I still use those apps and just re-transfer when it occurs and it always occurs with particular albums).
4) delete your source and rebuild from scratch in Neutron.

PS If it doesn't work please let me know what tags you have in mp3tag for those that do not work - do you have multiple tagging types? do all the tags show correctly in mp3tag for all the files in an album? etc
eg ID3V2.4 etc

Hope that helps!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Almost there

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 am

Can't almost add anything else to what Liveinthemoment mentioned :) Although I would like to point to one more thing: decide the type of tagging you would like to use, if you have albums sorted by folders then the best way is to have couple of image files in that folder and do not have music files tagged with album art because otherwise there is repeating data in each song of album (you will save storage space then).