Album Name Bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ALAC

Album Name Bug

Post by ALAC » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi.
Sound quality is unbelievable but I found one bug in the app, I restricted music source to a folder in my SD card, I have two albums with same name (V by Maroon 5 and Hollywood Undead's latest album V) in that folder each in separate artist folder, but in app the album browser option shows songs from both albums together which is annoying... please fix this in future updates.
Thanks.

FLiNT

Re: Album Name Bug

Post by FLiNT » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Your albums probably lack Album Artist tags. The best way to avoid such issues is obviously adding these tags manually using a program like mp3tag.

If this is too much of a hassle, you could try using Media Library -> Split Album by Path as a workaround.

ALAC

Re: Album Name Bug

Post by ALAC » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

FLiNT wrote:Your albums probably lack Album Artist tags. The best way to avoid such issues is obviously adding these tags manually using a program like mp3tag.

If this is too much of a hassle, you could try using Media Library -> Split Album by Path as a workaround.
No, I'm that OCD type of guy about my music library, All my albums are my personal rip to alac which I carefully tagged with album genre and album artist etc... so no it's clearly a bug since this doesn't happen in other players such as poweramp and player pro (which I uninstalled since I'm using neutron lol).
Yeah it's not that BIG of a problem since albums with same name in same library is rare, but if it can be fixed why not?
Another workaround IF that album is the only album by that artist in library is choosing artist then all songs...