Automatically Starting

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
pyngme

Automatically Starting

Post by pyngme » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Recently installed Neutron onto a new Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th gen) and find that Neutron starts intermittently on it's own (and not always playing last songs).

Checked that all alarm/notification settings disabled (sleep timer, Wake Up Timer (days unselected)).

Has also started while using other music apps (Pandora, InTune radio). Started this morning after changing the wireless connection. Driving me nutz!

primusd

Re: Automatically Starting

Post by primusd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Longtime NMP user - going back to PlayBook, BB10 and now BBdroid.

From the start of my *droid experience with NMP, I found it would automatically start at times... but mostly when connecting to BT in my car. The frequency and intrusion of the auto-start has grown significantly over the past couple updates (NMP/droid?) - to the point where its intolerable and I'm on the verge now of deleting NMP until I can find a fix. Just now, when playing a single 4 min spotify song (and nothing else going on), NMP auto-started 4 times... i.e. every minute??!!

I've poured through the settings and looked for anything that might be triggering this, but I am super frustrated.

Anyone with tips on how to stop this (NMP or droid specific) would be most appreciated!!

smithdk4

Post by smithdk4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:21 am

I'm having the 'start for no darn good reason' problem as well. I like the player, but it starts many (about 7 today) time throughout the day - once during a meeting at work. I can't keep it installed if this continues. There is no File|Close option and that's frustrating.

primusd

Post by primusd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 am

I've emailed the developer to ask they take a look at this. Curious what android versions you folks use? My blackberry runs android 7.1.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Please try switch off option: Connection and Controls -> Play if Output Attached -> if you have this behavior when BT is active then switch off Bluetooth option.

primusd

Post by primusd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks for checking in on this issue Dmitry!

I have toggled this setting in the past and it has not made a difference (but looking now it seems to be active again?). Oddly, I noticed this happening less in the past few days - perhaps related to a recent update?? I have gone ahead and switched off again both BT + Line in under 'Play if Output Attached' - I will monitor and report back.

pyngme

Post by pyngme » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Please try switch off option: Connection and Controls -> Play if Output Attached -> if you have this behavior when BT is active then switch off Bluetooth option.
Thanks. That was the culprit. Off by default might save some confusion

all24bits

Post by all24bits » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:07 am

I have this problem. Nothing is checked in the settings that would prompt it to start up or play when bluetooth is connected. All Play if Output Attached is UNCHECKED/NO RED DOT.

The only thing checked is the Stop if Output Detached. Is this causing an issue within the program?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:51 am

all24bits wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:07 am
I have this problem. Nothing is checked in the settings that would prompt it to start up or play when bluetooth is connected. All Play if Output Attached is UNCHECKED/NO RED DOT.
So Neutron starts playing as soon as and whenever bluetooth is connected - has it always been that way ?
all24bits wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:07 am
The only thing checked is the Stop if Output Detached. Is this causing an issue within the program?
That should be fine - never heard of problems there. Does it work, does Neutron stop playing when the output is detached ?