[FIXED] MP3 playback

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
htom

[FIXED] MP3 playback

Post by htom » Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 pm

I was listening to an mp3 game soundtrack recently and found that one or two tracks seem to start slightly late into the track with an accompanying 'snap' sound as the first thing I hear. I first thouht that the tracks were poorly assembled, but I tried playing back on a PC based player and another one for Android, and these played the tracks back properly. So it sounds like Neutron is missing the first few samples on playback and introducing some sort of distortion as a result. I don't have fade or crossfade enabled so so far I haven't been able to change this behaviour.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: MP3 playback

Post by dmitrykos » Mon May 28, 2012 4:57 pm

It would be great to have these 2 files as example for me. Then I could check where the problem is. Would it be possible to e-mail them to neutronmp@gmail.com? I will appreciate very much :)

htom

Post by htom » Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 am

Two files were sent by way of my gmail account for testing.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 am

Thank you very much will work with them!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

I would like to re-new this thread as there is fix for this problem in 1.60. Actually it is not really a fix but there is possibility now to switch off the GAPLESS mode of MP3 decoder. Sometimes audio samples at very beginning of the MP3 could be cut due to GAPLESS mode of decoder and it could result in clicking if sound power was rising too fast at start, just like in provided samples.

Mode can be disabled as:
Neutron UI -> Playback Mode -> on/off GAPLESS option.