[?] Playlists A2DP and general

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Razguul

Re: Playlists A2DP and general

Post by Razguul » Sun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

I have the same exact problem. All songs in all of my playlists have the same author and album name as the first song in the playlist!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon May 28, 2012 7:48 pm

It looks like I found the reason of the bug (the lookup & db matching & tag reading core is really sophisticated so making some logic error is piece of cake there). 1.58.2 is released with the fix of it. It wiull be great to know whether the problem is fixed for you too.

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:09 am

EDIT: lol nvm

htom

Post by htom » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 pm

One possible oddity I have come across is that tracks associated with a particular playlist created within the program means the album they are associated with will show up twice in the album list, and I'm not sure why this is happening. Since I've set the player to display the album year, I also see that one copy of the album in the list does show the year, and the other one does not.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 pm

> tracks associated with a particular playlist created within the program means the album they are associated with will show up twice in the album list

Could you please clarify it a little bit more? Do you have source pointed to some music files and as the result there is duplicate album information for them?

htom

Post by htom » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 pm

dmitrykos wrote:> tracks associated with a particular playlist created within the program means the album they are associated with will show up twice in the album list

Could you please clarify it a little bit more? Do you have source pointed to some music files and as the result there is duplicate album information for them?
Yes, I created some playlists in the "source" menu, but the duplication I see in the "album" list seems to be a new thing.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 am

This is strange because I can't reproduce duplication with my media library. What if you e-mail me 1-2 music files from duplicating album? To: neutronmp@gmail.com

htom

Post by htom » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 pm

I've done a little experimenting with the player and think I've found what changed the list. It was the option for sorting (under 'setup') and I chose 'sort by "Artist, Year & Album"'. Going to something a little less deep (and rescanning) made the duplicate entires go away. But at the same time this seems to mess up the counter for "Artists" as the current number seems to be negative.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 am

Could you please re-download NEON version from web-site and install it over your current. It was silently updated to fix 'Artist, Year & Album' sorting type. It will be great to know if it started working better. This sorting type corresponds to Artist/Album album sorting type in Foobar2000 and gives same results. If you see several separators with same album name it means that probably there is different artist for the album, e.g.:

Artist 'A', Album 'A' (2011)
... songs matching this category
Artist 'A', Album 'B' (2012)
Artist 'B', Album 'A' (2011)

The only thing bothers me is counter of songs which shows total number songs for the album but not the number matching category. Making this counter for songs of category only will complicate logic of counting and may slowdown the list/UI, thus I am still uncertain about changing to it and decided to leave total number of songs of the album.

liona1982

Re: [?] Playlists A2DP and general

Post by liona1982 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 am

Please install Duplicate Files Deleter as this is the best software available right now.