[?] Playlists A2DP and general

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
WiR3D

[?] Playlists A2DP and general

Post by WiR3D » Mon May 21, 2012 12:59 pm

First of all, thanks for the app, the quality of the audio is amazing, It is the first and only app I have paid for (had to jack a Credit card to do it, and was well worth it)

I'm running CM7.1 stable on my HTC HD2 and I have noticed that sometimes changing tracks with The sony MW600 bluetooth piece doesn't work, other times it does. It seems it doesn't always redirect the events.

Also especially with the lockscreen play/ skip buttons that default with CM7, it shows them when Neutron is playing, but sometimes doesn't work, and a few times the stock player has started playing.

And finally, and for me the biggest annoyance is playlists, all other players support the following structure:
SDCARD->Playlists->Dubstep.m3u
SDCARD->Music->Skrillex->More Monsters and Sprites->01 - First of the Year.m4a

playlist example: Dubstep.m3u
Contents:
\Music\Skrillex\More Monsters and Sprites\01 - First of the Year.m4a

and with all the other players this will work, but not with Neutron, it would really eb a bonus because it makes playlist syncing from programs like MusicBee easy.
and I have tried multiple ways to place the playlists and still cant get it right, Neutron detects it but it doesn't find the contents.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playlists A2DP and general

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 am

Hi! :)

> sometimes changing tracks with The sony MW600 bluetooth piece doesn't work

It can be the case that some other app or OS is catching events. That is why sometimes you see stock player reacting to button press. It can be caused by CM7 as it is has non-standard behavior due to mods. You could try checking if stock player has option to disable reaction to buttons. If you have other players please check them too and disable option.

> biggest annoyance is playlists

A new version is on the way and it will have this problem fixed. The structure you described will work in it too (tested!). It would be great to know if they start working for you anyway after you update.

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Tue May 22, 2012 10:48 am

I will let you immediately, thanks!

I will try to recreate the MW600 errors, and see if I can successfully create a sequence that produces the failures, and will let you know when I succeed.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 am

I have users who own MW600 and they reported that MW600 works great for them. MW600 was used in conjunction with Samsung Galaxy Note with Samsung original ICS ROM.

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 pm

I think the problem was caused by switching players, the stock player never released the HW controls on the device,

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 am

Good news and bad news.

Good news, it works.

bad news its slow, I'm guessing it looks up the entries on request? I think it would be best if matches everything beforehand, when it refreshes the DB.
And it shows all the entries as being from the same artist, and album

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 am

> bad news its slow, I'm guessing it looks up the entries on request?

Currently, yes. I agree that opening such playlist, especially big one may take time. I will try to improve it in future versions. Good that path look-up works well now.

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Thu May 24, 2012 10:12 am

Its not a major problem at all.

The annoying thing is just the mislabelled artist and info. At the moment a 200 song playlist is all Pink floyd even though its not.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu May 24, 2012 7:15 pm

This is strange. I have not had such issue yet. Will try to reproduce. Do you have such structure for this unlucky playlist file:
SDCARD->Playlists->Dubstep.m3u
SDCARD->Music->Skrillex->More Monsters and Sprites->01 - First of the Year.m4a
:?:

WiR3D

Post by WiR3D » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 pm

jip its exact the same, and its all my playlists.