crashing?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
htom

crashing?

Post by htom » Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi,

I upgraded my Galaxy SII to ICS about two weeks ago and found that Neutron has on occasion locked up while playing it in the background with the 4X1 mini running as a widget. What seems to be a bit different from the experience under Gingerbread is that this lockup has a very slow recovery. By this I mean that trying to restart playback by touching the widget results in a blank screen for about ten to fifteen seconds followed by bouncing back to the 'desktop'; the home button does not work at all during this. Touching the widget again restarts the player normally at the exact spot playback stopped.

I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this if this not something anyone else has experienced.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: crashing?

Post by dmitrykos » Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 am

Hi!

One of my frequently used devices is Galaxy SII (GT-I9100) too and I have not yet had such crash/device freezing on ICS. But I had some freezing on one of ROMs on Galaxy S. To my understanding it may happen due to bugs inside audio core of Android OS, or when parts of memory of the device were corrupted by some apps (could even be system apps).

Does it happen frequently for you or just once?

htom

Post by htom » Fri May 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi,

It has happened about two or three times since the upgrade, and since I use the player pretty much every day, I'd say not frequently. You are right that I now see that it isn't just Neutron that suffers this, as one of the mobile browsers I use (Opera Mobile) has locked up on loading in almost the same way as well. So I guess there may be an issue with ICS and not just the audio core.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 19, 2012 2:29 pm

For my dev. SGSII (GT-I9100) I am using this ROM version - I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_SER. It works flawlessly as with Neutron so with Opera Browser. May be you can try similar ROM version but for your region.