waitlist & alphabetically ordered songs

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
user

waitlist & alphabetically ordered songs

Post by user » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:53 am

Dear Folks,

Can someone please explain how the waitlist works? I can add tracks to it but nothing happens, those songs won't play. I thought this is like the queue-function from winamp - some on the fly playlist that automatically switches back to normal mode when it is done.
A quality audio player and a queue-function were the main reasons for me to purchase Neutron. The pictures in the store suggested a queue-function.
And, for whatever reason the songs in the library are now numbered and not alphabetically ordered anymore - how can I fix that?

Best,
user

NeoKio

Re: waitlist & alphabetically ordered songs

Post by NeoKio » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 pm

user wrote:Dear Folks,
Can someone please explain how the waitlist works?
snip ... for whatever reason the songs in the library are now numbered and not alphabetically ordered anymore - how can I fix that?
ME TOO want to know about waitlist :?:... do you mean the Queue?

For your library list:
Depends on your browsing path, if by Folders
If you browse Media Library by folders. Long press on each folder with tracks > Setup icon >
Track Nr switch OFF > Sort by icon > FilenameON.

You may also look into:
Settings > User Interface > Track Nr. (at bottom) is OFF.
Settings > Media Library > Split album by path is ON.
Anyway ... don't know to change sorting by Album, it's using tags. Songs using some other rules. :cry:
Last edited by NeoKio on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

user

Post by user » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:30 am

Thank you for the reply! I'll try what you described.
I mentioned it in my first post - I don't know the exact translation that is why I used the comparison with the queue-function of other players. I know it from winamp and the sony music player. The idea is to create a spontanious list of songs that will start automatically after the song you're currently listening to has finished. When all songs from the queue are over the player automatically switches back to the point of the playlist you listened before starting the queue. Pretty simple and great. I guess even Windows Media Player had that feature.
The menu of Neutron suggests that such a function is included. I can put songs in queue but nothing happens. I can watch and edit the queue but it wont play at all - that is quite anoying considering that the feature is advertised and it is one of the reasons I payed for Neutron.

NeoKio

Post by NeoKio » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:39 am

Inside Settings > Interface Language you can easily switch to emglish. Its the Queue you are looking for, and it works.

IMPORTANT:
What matters is, you have to select Queue in Media Browser and start a song from there. There is also an option in Queue Setup to auto-erase every track played and auto play if one track is added to an empty queue..

Not easy to find, but its logical:
In Media Browser, go back to initial browsing selection. There long press Queue.
See the radio buttons for Dynamic and Autoplay. Function may not be exactly what you're used to, but this Queue does what you described.
For your convinience you can set a shortcut for Queue in Settings > User Interface > Panel Top
(In my phone there are 4 red icons in player top panel, so dont select more).
Its by playing around you are going to discover the complexity of this unique piece for DSP.