Binding Database incorrect (SOLVED)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Liveinthemoment

Binding Database incorrect (SOLVED)

Post by Liveinthemoment » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:04 am

First off Neutron is the easily the best player out there for me, I am so grateful you made it, thanks!!

Now about my Album art issue - every album shows correctly except one which does show when playing but not on the album list. My albums are all small files 500 by 500 or less and are cover.jpg.

I have put other album covers in that directory with the same result (edit: tried with an album art that works for another album in Neutron but still will not show now in both views even after complete rebuild!)

I have many times deleted the bindings and rebuilt - always the same.

The album art works in the Android default player and shows up correctly on my many album art grabbing and tagging programs.

I have the Neon version.

I have 4910 songs in 472 albums. Each album is in its own directory eg music\artist\album.

Does Neutron have a memory limit?
Last edited by Liveinthemoment on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liveinthemoment

Re: Album Art issue

Post by Liveinthemoment » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:51 am

Found a problem - even when deleting and rebuilding Binding to MUSIC - an Album was missing.
Only solution was to add 2 directories to the BINDING - MUSC and MUSIC\ARTIST\ALBUM for the 1 missing album.

This means there is an error in the binding construction.

Hope that helps.

EDIT - one album cover for one completely unplayed album USED to show in Album view and now (without any changes to it in any way) it does not. SO now suddenly I have now 2 album arts that do not show (before it was 1)

So I think there are multiple errors in the database construction.

It is strange that the "error" stays even after deleting and rebuilding. I am thinking that deleting and rebuilding does not completely renew the bindings. How can I completely delete and rebuild ?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Binding Database incorrect (changed subject)

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 pm

> Does Neutron have a memory limit?
Nope it does not. It will consume all possible memory when necessary.

> I am thinking that deleting and rebuilding does not completely renew the bindings.
Actually it does and it is the surprise for me that you got such trouble. Could you please delete all bindings and e-mail me neutronmp.db file to neutronmp@gmail.com. I will check for remaining entries in the database.

Pointing Neutron to one top-level directory under which all music is stored is absolutely sufficient. Album art inside Neutron has special unique identifier and may be there could happen some collision. The algorithm for unique id is CRC64 using the global path to cover art file. Could you try this experiment: rename directory of that album with missing art by adding _ for example, or anything else and then rebuild, or delete/new binding. would it help?

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Dmitry......just checked - the database after deleting is 1.74MBs.

I opened it with Microsoft Word and could see my music collection is still there.

Will send it through to you.

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Well I have sent the file to Dmitry....

I tried deleting the database physically off the Archos and made a new one from scratch.

Guess what?

The 2 album arts missing and one album missing still even though the database was gone.

Will try the renaming thing tomorrow - putting in the _

I put my old database back though as Neutron was telling my my evaluation period had finsihed.

htom

Post by htom » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm

I had a problem with missing tracks (not albums) and found after moving files around without affecting the status much that the Unignore command (under the Playlists setting, long press) did restore them. Not sure how closely this relates to your predicament since that includes albums and art, but perhaps you should look in there to see if there is anything in it. As it was I didn't recall using the Ignore command either.

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:08 am

EDIT - have changed this previously long post to report that Dmitry, from my testing, has completely fixed the Binding issues with new version supplied to me and all Artists, Albums, Songs show properly!!!!

The album art that previously did show now shows again also.

Wow that was fast !

BTW for some reason one album art does not show even when using a cover.jpg that works elsewhere. Dmitry is looking at my database to check. I am checking the FLAC files themselves for corruption.

Liveinthemoment

Re: Binding Database incorrect (SOLVED)

Post by Liveinthemoment » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 am

Just want to point out I also solved the 1 missing Album Art.

I believe one of the files was not corrupt but even though it did not have album art it was telling Neutron that it did.

I made all the music files in that directory have the same album art in the tags and it completely works now.

So my opinion is that 1 file or more had a tag problem.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Binding Database incorrect (SOLVED)

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 am

This is great to know! :) I tested your image file but it looked well to me and worked as album art with other music files.