[UNCONFIRMED] Force close

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
williamsardar

[UNCONFIRMED] Force close

Post by williamsardar » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi
I am getting the following message about twice a day...
Sorry! Application Neutron MP (in process com.neutroncode.mp) is not responding.
And I have to force close it.
I have been getting this for a few weeks now. I have tried un-installing, re-installing from Google Play, then installing the NEON version.
Sometimes this will happen when I have been listening to an album and it finishes, then some time later I check my phone and Neutron should still be in the foreground.
Other times the song is playing, it plays to the end of the song, then the next song does not start. I look at the phone and Neutron is in the foreground but the UI is unresponsive and it is still showing the previous song. But after I force close (or go to the home screen directly), the Mini widget is showing the correct latest track, so the widget seems not to have crashed.
I am using a standard Galaxy Note.
Hope it's a bug that can be fixed.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Force close

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi!

Does it stop on some particular album/songs or it happens randomly? I am using Neutron for everyday listening but do not have such issue but let's try to find the bug.

Does it crash only when staying for sometime in background?

Best regards,
Dmitry.

williamsardar

Post by williamsardar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi It happens random. Is there ary debug mode I can send a report from? it happens everyday at work when the screen is asleep.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:13 pm

This is strange that Neutron crashes like that because I've got users with Galaxy Note and it works there just fine. Are you running latest ROM version for the model of your Galaxy Note? Sometimes Android OS simply has internal crashes inside its audio core that leads crash in Neutron. It happened on some devices and updating to latest ROM fixed everything. I am planning to release next version in 1-2 days, it has many fixes. Let's check how it works for you then and please inform me about the results.

mucci

Post by mucci » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:31 pm

I've got a similar problem with my Galaxy note (original Android 2.3.6, no root): It often happens after about 4-5 minutes of playing (screen ist blank then) after the first start of the application that the playing just stops and the program gets closed (without any notification), the main screen is just appearing. When I start a second time this might or might not happen again, but if these 4-5 minutes have been running without any problems then this issue will not happen again (until I close the application and restart it later).

Any idea what might cause this strange behaviour?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 am

Mucci, thank you for more details. It looks like some common problem on Galaxy Note while I never had similar issue happening on Galaxy S on 2.3 and Galaxy S2 on 4.0.3 and ASUS TF101 on 3.2. Will try investigate the problem but it may be some specific to Galaxy Note issue. Other users I know with Galaxy Note are running ICS and may be that is why this problem does not exist for them.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 pm

1.52 is released. Is it better with FCs now?

williamsardar

Post by williamsardar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 pm

I will report in a week or the first time it crashes, which ever is first!

williamsardar

Post by williamsardar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 am

It's still crashing :(

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 am

Does it crash in the same way like you described in your first post?

> 1) listening to an album and it finishes, then some time later I check my phone and Neutron should still be in the foreground
> 2) it plays to the end of the song, then the next song does not start.