Scrolling again

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
marassa

Scrolling again

Post by marassa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:39 am

I can't believe everybody else is happy with the list scrolling behaviour. Out of all Android applications I have ever used, Neutron has the bizarrest scrolling behaviour by far. When you want to scroll the list quickly and make a fast gesture it would stop abruptly on you as soon as you remove the finger. When you want to gently scroll a couple lines down it would scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll forever. I noticed a couple of people complaining about it before but never a single comment from the developer. I would really appreciate any insight into the matter. I don't know much about Android internals but judging by uniform and predictable scrolling behaviour of ALL other applications it seems like there is some built-in scrolling engine most if not all applications use. Does NeutronMP use some proprietary mechanism for scrolling? May I ask why? Is there any way to make scrolling behave like in all other apps?
Thanks,
Andrei

Kirk Boragine

Re: Scrolling again

Post by Kirk Boragine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Predictable scrolling behavior would make this app just about perfect wouldn't it?

Rioter

Post by Rioter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 am

Yep. Most hated "feature". Though wrong name in playlists annoying as hell either. And that long way to update Media Library too.

ももこ

Post by ももこ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Kirk Boragine wrote:Predictable scrolling behavior would make this app just about perfect wouldn't it?
I have set to maximum List Speed Damping but it still has this odd effect on a large list (i.e. 250 songs) where release of the finger causes it to continue to move.

It seems like the developer wants it to retain some inertia feeling, but wish there was more control than only being able to alter the damping, for example a threshold where scrolling has no inertia so small scrolls are possible without having to 'brake' with finger.