support for scrobbling disappeared?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
topbanana

support for scrobbling disappeared?

Post by topbanana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:33 am

Hi,

I recently completely removed Neutron, and re-installed, because the widgets had disappeared. Now the menu option to enable scrobbling has disappeared - has support been removed, or is it a bug? I use "simple last.fm scrobbler" and neutron doesn't appear on the list of detected players. Any hints?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: support for scrobbling disappeared?

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi! This option was removed because Neutron broadcasts generic intent which is being caught by Last.fm app. I will check why 'simple last.fm scrobbler' is not catching Neutron's intents and fix it. If it requires additional special intent from Neutron than I will return UI -> Scrobble option back in next coming release. Thank you for mentioning about this problem.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I checked Simple Last.fm app and Neutron shall be managed by it as: Android Music Player. Try looking at your account stats, they shall be modifying depending on what Neutron is playing. If it does not work for you, please notify.

topbanana

Post by topbanana » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am

Android music player shows up as "not installed" on the simple scrobbler app (not sure if that's the issue)... and not getting any tracks scrobbled when it's enabled via scrobbler app

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 am

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I will re-activate Last.fm API in next version (after 1.51) which will re-enable operations with simple scrobbler. So far, please use Last.fm app which scobbles well current version of Neutron.

williamsardar

Post by williamsardar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Neutron is too keen to scrobble! If I wait for the album to end then force close it then click on the widget, neutron will re open. Then in the status bar I get notifications from the last.fm app saying 'Playing by ' then immediately after another one saying it's playing the first song of the album that had finished,even though I haven't pressed play yet. surely nothing should happen with last.fm until I start playing something!

Furthermore if I am playing a song with the main neutron app in the foreground then go to the home screen, the last fm icon is thee in the notification bar. If I then go back to the neutron app by clicking the album art on the widget, the last fm notification icon briefly disappears before the main neutron screen appears, then I get a new scrobbling notification which suggests neutron is sending an unnecessary extra stop then start message to last fm each time the main screen is opened.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 am

Thank you very much for detailed review. I will try to fix this misbehavior for next release. What if you try to go to Neutron UI -> Settings -> User Interface -> switch off SCROBBLE option. Will it become better with Last.fm app then?

williamsardar

Post by williamsardar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 am

If I do that there is no scrobbling and last.fm does nothing (as expected?).

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 am

Well, thanks to your notice I found the bug in 1.52 version which does not let other notifications to be broadcasted. Thus, you do not see Last.fm app scrobbling when switching off Last.fm specific notifications. Thank you very much for noticing and reporting this.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I posted modified version of Simple Last.fm Scrobbler which works with current version of Neutron and will work with future too. Official Simple Last.fm scrobbler will recognize Neutron as Android Music Player while this custom will recognize as Neutron Music Player.

Here:
http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=358

Also, it seems that Last.fm scrobbling in whole will be fixed in new 1.56 version. Tested and works fine.