Sorting options for SMB sources

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
AJB1AJB

Sorting options for SMB sources

Post by AJB1AJB » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:39 pm

I've got the connection to my SMP server sorted.

It contains around 12,000 tracks, they are already sorted (very neatly) by nested sub directories.

I need to see that structure to find my tracks. There seems to be no means of doing this.

None of the other options work. Sorting by "file" gives me a flat list with 12,000 + entries in it - which is totally useless. Who is going to scroll through that lot?

But the other options don't work either. I like a very wide range of classical and popular music. Some of this I look up by title, some by artist, some by album - it depends.
This is why I have created a neat, nested sturcture of folders. With every other media player "it just works".

Unless I am missing something, Neutron cannot handle this?

likescookies

Re: Sorting options for SMB sources

Post by likescookies » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:46 am

In the main Neutron UI, tap on the icon next to the song name. It will bring up a series of icons above it, one of which is a folder. Tap on the folder. You may need to tap once on the back button when you get here to show the folder hierarchy instead of a flat list of folders.

I run everything off folder structure from my NAS--it took me a while to figure out how to browse that way, but the above is how I do it.