Serviio DLNA Folders Issue

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dplc81

Serviio DLNA Folders Issue

Post by dplc81 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:01 pm

The interface for DLNA is very basic, and I have an issue with folders beginning with the same word. For example, I have two folders called: "Kiss" and "Kiss FM".

Neutron sees the two folders as just one. When I open "Kiss FM" folder, I can only see the contents from "Kiss", and not from the former. So Neutron shows the two folders with the same content. The files get duplicated in Neutron's list.

Funny thing is that some other folders are not undue read. "Alice Cooper" and "Alice in Chains" doesn't suffer from the same issue.

Other issue is that after I have added all 10000+ files from DLNA in the Neutron Library, my few 250 files in the iPhone are all lost inside the artist, album and other views from Neutron... Why I have to add the files to a Library? Media Connect, a free app which also connects to DLNA play media directly from the Serviio server's view.

Also, I would like to know if the equalizer is distortion proof (as CanOpener's one).

Is there any documentation for using Neutron? It would be very usefull to have one for reference. There's a lot of functions which need some clarifying before using.

Thanks in advance.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Serviio DLNA Folders Issue

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 pm

> "Kiss" and "Kiss FM"

Will experiment with it. Thank you for the report.

> Why I have to add the files to a Library?

It is Neutron's feature. All music is added as source entry and sorted inside its database. You could temporarily disable DLNA source by pressing on its source entry icon, it will become red and all associated entries will be removed from the lists.

> the equalizer is distortion proof

It is not, but you could use substractive strategy for EQ, or normalize tracks, or make sure AGP is active and it will decrease Preamp gain if overloading is detected.

> manual

Unfortunately currently it does not exist but in to-do.

dplc81

Post by dplc81 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 am

Thank you for the attention and support.

dplc81

Post by dplc81 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:59 pm

dmitrykos wrote:> "Kiss" and "Kiss FM"

Will experiment with it. Thank you for the report.
Hi,

I still have this annoying DNLA issue. iOS 9.3.5 and last Neutron update.

dplc81

Post by dplc81 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 am

Well, it seems the DLNA issue was addressed in the last update, which I must say, I really appreciated that, thank you for tweaking DLNA settings.

But now I got a different problem regarding DLNA.

For example, I have two folders being shared by Serviio, "Music\Slade" and "Music\Slade II". Before the update, Neutron showed the two folders, and both showed the content from the first ("Slade"). Now, it just shows the folder "Slade" and plain ignore "Slade II". "Slade II" is not even listed in the folders.

Trying to circumvent the fact that Neutron can't read all my music using DLNA server, I tried another means to connect to my computer's music library.

So I try to play my Windows 10 music through Windows network folder sharing (SMB). I face another issue that brings a <lot of frustration>. Neutron detects all my files (13225 ones), and, at a first attempt after detection, it plays everything fine. But... when I run Neutron in some other occasion and my iPhone WiFi is on, Neutron displays its splash screen and then closes. I open it again, it closes again. Neutron will only open when I turn my iPhone WiFi off. Then I turn WiFi on again. Then I explore the already added SMB source by folder, I open the main folder "Music", then a subfolder... and the source turns red again (offline). After enabling the source a couple of times, it will eventually work and play my music. So, it's a real pain.

dplc81

Post by dplc81 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Well, I'm not sure if Neutron developer/team saw my posts but, in fact, recent updates solved most or all issues I was experiencing with Neutron.

So, even if it was unrelated to my claims, I'd like to thank you for constantly updating the software, and the efforts to fix all the issues.

It' great to have such a nice player in my good old iPhone 4s.