1.47 update

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Bairn

1.47 update

Post by Bairn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am

I just updated Neutron to 1.47 just now (5 February 2012) on my Samsung Galaxy S2. I updated through Android market in usual way but I had over-written the original version only a week ago, with the version from your website, which was optimised for dual core phones like the S2. Question: Is new version 1.47 dual core optimised or will I have to reinstall the version from your site again? Thanks

Bairn

Re: 1.47 update

Post by Bairn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 am

ooops! I see that the neon download from you was also 1.47. I guess this means they are both the same?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: 1.47 update

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Neutron has all versions optimized for multi-core devices. Its audio core by default works more efficiently when there are many cores. The more the better in situation with Neutron, including UI and etc.

On Web site is NEON optimized version. NEON instructions are additional instructions of CPU which allow to run some operations in parallel. Thus it gives a substantial speedup. NEON CPU can be also single core CPU like on Galaxy S.

On Android Market there is simple ARMv7 compatible version which will work for everyone. To my deepest regret Google hasn't yet made distinguishing by availability of NEON instruction. I even proposed it to them but this is as if to pour a glass of water into the ocean...

Once you see an update, you can simply download version from web site and install over previous version skipping update from the Market.