Album Art

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Bairn

Album Art

Post by Bairn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

As an audiophile for many years using higher end equipment, I can confirm, according to these ears, Neutron is superb! However, I am wrestling with the interface. Especially frustrating to me is its handling of album art. The developer says Neutron doesn't download album art because there are plenty of apps that do that. Fair enough. I downloaded the most popular album art downloader and got all album art I needed but Neutron just doesn't read some of them. So I downloaded another brand of art downloader but got the same frustrating results. I deleted and reinstalled Neutron several times and on installation it varied between all album art being the same one album, to, at other times, getting some but not all.

Please Developer, please advise me how to get neutron to show ALL my album art that, for instance, Power Amp picks up in a few seconds. This is SO frustrating, I don't want to have to go back to Power Amp as I like to support smaller developers.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Album Art

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi! :) Well, if you tried Cover Art Downloader app for example, by default it will download and assign album art using Android media library. Neutron does not communicate with Android media library and thus this effort will be useless. But if you go to Settings of Cover Art Downloader there is an option - Save cover art in folder. You need to activate it if you have music sorted by albums which have own directories (classical way). If you have all music stored in single folder then most reliable way is to use option Embed cover art and art will be written to metadata of music file.

If album art is in folder, or 1 level higher, or in folders (cover, art, scans), or embedded to tags then Neutron will be able to read it and display. There can be bugs with specific formats and embedded art, if you have such file then please e-mail me for analysis and I will make a fix in Neutron (neutronmp@gmail.com).

Bairn

Re: Album Art

Post by Bairn » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:25 am

thank you for your reply. Very thorough and rapid response. Impressed. thankyou