[?] Crossfeed defaults

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
hifidawg14

[?] Crossfeed defaults

Post by hifidawg14 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi,

First of I am loving Neutron! Great job Dimitry! Sounds so good I am completely submerged in the music.

1. I ended up playing around with the crossfeed settings and no longer
recall the default settings for #2 is it 650 Hz, 9.50db?

2 .Is there a way to reset settings to defaults? I can clean the app cache but thats a harsh way to do it.
Maybe there is a clean way.

3. I am sure this has been mentioned a bunch of times but some Eq presets would be nice.

4. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 not sure about the "64-Bit processing" option ... does it do anything on a 32bit ARM core?

Thanks,
Leonid

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Crossfeed defaults

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Leonid!

1) Default for #2: 650 / 9.50. You can always revert to the default setting by: select # for preset, press middle button in the bottom panel.

2) There is no such global action for all settings but mostly all dialogs related to settings have middle button in the bottom panel which resets settings of the group to the default values, press it and confirm dialog and settings are reset.

3) Eq presets: it is problematic to provide EQ presets for Parametric EQ which would fit all devices due to hardware/software differences.

4) 64-bit rendering: 64-bit math is available on 32-bit ARM CPUs and actually it is not hardware dependent. So you can of course benefit from it if any other DSP is active, like: EQ, Crossfeed/Surround.

Dmitry.

hifidawg14

Re: [Q] Crossfeed defaults

Post by hifidawg14 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. Amazing that I missed the function of the middle button.

What is the effect of using 64 bit rendering on batt life?

I think the GUI design is great and very original. It would help to have a graphical how to guide to explain all the functions of the GUI.

If you have one already please send me the link. Most of it needs no explanation.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [?] Crossfeed defaults

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:59 pm

> 64 bit rendering on batt life?

On ARM platform the CPU consumption is higher but on x86 CPUs (Galaxy Tab 3, GT-5210) there is no performance penalty at all!

> Most of it needs no explanation.

Unfortunately there is no details documentation with images but it is planned.