Neutron cannotview external SD card

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
LucaT

Neutron cannotview external SD card

Post by LucaT » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi

Last year I downloaded Neutron to test it. I loved the way it sounded, but there was no way to see the SD card. So I forgot it.
Last week I upgraded to Android 4.2.2, and I decided to give Neutron another try. Yo my surprise, it worked, it found the 32GB SD and also the network folder I share over my WiFi network. So I went straight to buy it.
But disappointingly, the full version cannot see the SD again. USB pen drives, the same.
When I select Sources, then File System, only /storage appears, and when selected, only sdcard0.
The funny thing is that when I go to the SD card or the usb drive with a file explorer and then I open a song stored on them, I can select neutron as the app to deal with it and the song plays nicely. But I cannot play nothing on from inside Neutron. It simply does not see the SD or the USB storage. It seems to work with the LAN sources, although.
I also erased all the sources and made an automatic rescan but no luck.

May I have support for this malfunction?

It's a Woxter Nimbus 97Q
CPU 1.6 Ghz Cortex A9 QUAD-CORE
Android 4.2.2
kernel version 3.0.36+

Thanks in advance

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Neutron cannotview external SD card

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:56 pm

This is strange because Eval and paid versions have the same native core (same native libraries). E.g. the behavior must be the same. You could try uninstalling all versions, reboot device, install Neutron again.

LucaT

Post by LucaT » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Tried, not working.
No problem on my Samsung s4 (with another sd card).

I'll try to reformat the card and I'll post the results. This card is accessed without problems by other apps, Poweramp for example.
This problem is going less crucial for me now, as I am switching to put all my music on a NAS and access it by smb; I have a question about this which I'll ask in a specific post.
Bye for now and thanks.

LucaT

Liveinthemoment

Post by Liveinthemoment » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:57 am

I have a 128gb card in my Sony tablet - has worked for a year with no issues.