Album Art Not Shown in "Main" view, but is in Android drop

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Luvinit

Album Art Not Shown in "Main" view, but is in Android drop

Post by Luvinit » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi,

First of all let me say that I love the player! I looked at quite a few and then decided to go with this and love the sound. However, in the past few weeks I have had an issue with album art. I don't remember if this came with the latest update, but it was darn close. The main problem is that my album art (which is embedded into all of my files) is not showing on the main view in Neutron. It is visible on any other media player (verified to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file issue), and is also visible when Neutron is playing and I pull the Android "drop down" at the top of the phone. This makes me think it is a setting, but for the life of me I can't find any setting that makes the album art show back up (included all of settings in the "User Interface" menu). I have tried resetting back to factory defaults, as well as removing the folders/sources and re-adding them, but the end result is the same. My next step is to uninstall and reinstall the app, but I don't think that should be necessary.

Is there something that I am missing? I have around 6600 songs, and it is a universal problem, not just with particular folders/files. I really hope this isn't something dumb that I just can't find, but I would be grateful for your help regardless.

Thanks!

Luvinit

Re: Album Art Not Shown in "Main" view, but is in Android dr

Post by Luvinit » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:38 am

I am sorry, I should mention that I am running Android 4.3 and this is on a Samsung Galaxy SIII

tman202

Post by tman202 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:47 am

I have the same problem. Album art is showing up in folders view of neutronand in the neutron mini widget but not on the main neutron screen, which is blank. No neutron logo, nothing. I use album art grabber or album art downloader apps. They used to show up on main screen. Not sure if it stopped when I got paid version of neutron or after that.

NEVERMIND THEY COME UP NOW AFTER A REBOOT. ODD.

tman202

Post by tman202 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:54 am

This happened again. FYI in case anyone else ends up with this issue, it turns out that if you touch the cover art area in the main player now playing screen, the controls disappear leaving only the cover art, and after a few seconds a very faint icon appears in the top right corner that controls whether the image appears. Apparently I had touched that by accident. I think it is too easily to accidentally do that while you are handling the phone, and not realize how it happened to fix it. Found it randomly after spending time messing with the settings again.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 am

The reason of the missing icon on Playing Now screen is misused button in the top-right corner which resides under the toolbar. So, to be able to touch it is to hide the toolbars by pressing on album art area.

Hiding album art is useful for those users who do not wish to have any album art or logo visible, and for those users who are using Visualizers on Android, e.g. album art does not hide the effect generated on basis of audio signal. To see the visualizer in Android you need to activate option in Neutron -> User Interface -> System Background.