Folder Support???

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
tman202

Folder Support???

Post by tman202 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Posting this here since I've had it confirmed that this is a problem with the player, not just me:

I've been trying Neutron and it sounds great but I don't see a way to navigate using actual folders, WITHOUT TAGS, even where it says "Folders". This feature is important for me and will make me try something else unless I am missing something. I have a lot of homemade compilations with files carefully named so they play in the correct order and I can't get them to show up correctly in Neutron (songs not in the correct order, sometimes it breaks them into multiple compilations, etc.). I've looked through all the settings. There are a bunch of different folders that show up in "Folders" but they are not the actual folders, with some repeated, one labeled "sd" when my phone doesn't support external cards, etc., and it doesn't seem to make any sense. In one of them all of my albums show up three times each. I checked my phone with the laptop and it looks normal there (all of my music folders appearing under "Music" in my phone (new Moto X)).

It seems odd that a program that is this thought-out and user-adjustable would not support folder view correctly. It's too bad since Neutron sounds great but I can't pay for a player that doesn't have this basic feature. I'll have to try something else unless/until this gets fixed.

tman202

Re: Folder Support???

Post by tman202 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 pm

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!

---
Re: How can I get Neutron to list songs by file name?

Postby dmitrykos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm
Just wanted to confirm that showing filename in place of music title features is implemented since 1.47. To have it working you need to go to needed group (Folder, Artist, Album...), long-press on desired group entry, press SETUP button which invokes new window with sort options along with SHOW FILENAME.
---

I also found how to control the folders it uses with Source in settings.

The only problem with sort by filename is that it looks like you have to do each album separately. Is there was a way to have this apply to all subfolders in a folder (so I could just do it to the Music folder and have all folders inside the Music folder have their contents sorted that way)? If so, that would be great and save some hassle, but guess I'll do it individually for now.

The other issue is that I need to know how to get the player to point to my Music folder only. It seems to have all the folders in the phone in the "Folders" section.