Long wait on startup (over 1 min)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
mark_bt52

Long wait on startup (over 1 min)

Post by mark_bt52 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 pm

In order to get around my problem mentioned elsewhere of being unable to create a static shuffled playlist of all 4400 songs (all songs in shuffle mode is clearly not the same thing as the order is not preserved on re-boots and the results are not very shuffled since I got 4 songs from the same album in 20 mins) I exported the ordered playlist from Neutron, imported it into Poweramp, did the random re-sort operation on it, exported the newly ordered list, and imported it into Neutron.

Problems are:
1) When I attempt to open the playlist in Neutron it takes a very long time, asks me if I want to wait or close, if I wait it eventually opens as normal.

2) Initial start-up following re-boot - This gives the Neutrom startup log and ther loading line, but then sits on 90% for over a minute before starting up as normal. Once started all is fine.

Just to clarify, I only get these issues with the imported playlist, not when using others.

This is the NEON version on a Galaxy S4 rooted but stock 4.3 firmware.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Long wait on startup (over 1 min)

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Opening playlist in Neutron will trigger the following:
1) Neutron will try to locate the file in filesystem;
2) Neutron will try to check if actual file is valid audio stream.

Most probably it worth omitting (2) as it is quite time consuming task.

mark_bt52

Post by mark_bt52 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Maybe it could remember if it has done 2) for a given playlist and not perform the check the next time by just putting a 'checked' flag against the playlist.

Cheers
Mark

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi Mark,

I checked code once again and sorry, stage 2) is not used but all time is spent in 1). Most probably it makes sense to cache paths for tracks in DB, I agree.

Best regards,
Dmitry.