[NOT BUG] Neutron does not detect uploaded playlist anymore

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Lunatique

[NOT BUG] Neutron does not detect uploaded playlist anymore

Post by Lunatique » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 am

I bought Neutron recently, and I think it's the best music app for audiophiles on Android, but I'm having a persistent problem with Neutron not recognizing uploaded playlists right now.

I sync my Galaxy Note 3 with J River Media Center (version 17), and I've also used iSyncr and doubleTwist as well. At first, Neutron seemed to detect playlists synced by them just fine, but at some point it stopped detecting playlists synced by them.

I have made sure that the source folder/path is correct. Basically, my music and playlist structure is like this:

Root/Music (this is where all the music are)
Root/Playlist (this is where the playlists are)

In Neutron, I have the source set to Root, so it should be able to detect both the Music and Playlist folders/contents, but it only detects the Music folder's contents and not the Playlist. I have tried to move the playlist into the Music folder and rescanned but that didn't work either.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get Neutron to detect uploaded playlist anymore

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 pm

For other users who might be reading this question. The discussion continued by e-mail and it was found out that playlists belong to Android media library which is unsupported by Neutron.

There are free Android apps in Google Play which allow playlist extraction to text/m3u format which then can be recognized by Neutron.

May be it worth adding possibility to read playlist, put it into to-do for review.

Lunatique

Re: [NOT BUG] Neutron does not detect uploaded playlist anym

Post by Lunatique » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm

This is the app that was recommended to me for playlist extraction: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... listbackup

It worked, although I had to rename all the playlists' extensions individually since I couldn't find any batch-renaming app that does extensions only. I have over 40 playlists so it's a real PITA.

This is something Neutron really needs to fix, because audiophiles often use J River Media Center, which is considered the best audiophile media player/librarian software on the market, and when it syncs to your device, it uses .pla format for the playlists. If every time it does a sync we'd have to manually extract/rename the playlists, it's just far too work.

Lunatique

Re: [NOT BUG] Neutron does not detect uploaded playlist anym

Post by Lunatique » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 pm

For those of you also using J River Media Center (or any other software that does not sync playlists using a format that Neutron currently recognizes), another option is to export your playlists as a format that Neutron recognizes, and then upload the playlists to the device. I just exported out my playlists in .m3u format and then uploaded them to my device using Airstream app. It's definitely much faster/easier than trying to batch-rename the .pla files. But this means you still have to perform this extra step whenever you sync any new changes to your playlists, so ideally, Neutron should simply update to support more playlist file formats.