[FIXED] Strange Playlist behavior? - Fragments replayed

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
art2work4

[FIXED] Strange Playlist behavior? - Fragments replayed

Post by art2work4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi Dmitrykos,

Here I am yet again with a playlist related question. Since the last two updates (unfortunately still no option to physically rename the playlist on the storage device), I noticed some strange behavior.
So I have a playlist with - for example - three songs
- I play song no 1 and
- put it into Pause mode in the player screen (middle screen with the album art etc.)
- I switch back to the playlist screen and
- push the play button from song 2
- here's the strange thing; instead of playing song no 2 immediately, I first hear a bit of song no 1, almost as if it plays something out of memory.

this behavior is consistent and I can replicate it all the time. It is annoying since I expect to hear the song for which the play button was selected,not a snippet of the previous one.

any workaround for that? I already turned the fade-out time for pause to zero, since I thought it might be related, but unfortunately this is not the case.

As always, thanks a lot for the support.

Maybe one additional question: is it possible to revert (on my Playbook) to an earlier version of Neutron?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Strange Playlist behavior? - Fragments replayed

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed response. Most probably I understood the cause of this behavior.

Since some versions ago Neutron will pause system audio stream once user pressed Pause and track is stopped after fade out of the volume. The stream is just paused with buffers not flushed, otherwise if user presses Play some seconds of the track may be lost. In your observation there is unexpected behavior though if user starts playing another track after Pause because audio engine unpauses system audio stream and already filled buffers start playing.

Earlier system audio stream was paused after 3 minutes of player idle and thus problem did not exist as stream was filled with silence already.

Will put it into to-do for further improvement. The issue will not be fixed though in just released 1.76.1.

Thank you very much for noticing and describing the issue!

Best regard,
Dmitry.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] Strange Playlist behavior? - Fragments replayed

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

I would like to inform that the driver's implementation was reverted to avoid the behavior you described. Since next update (next week) the problem will go away. Moreover it is now consistent with implementations on other platforms which flush audio buffer on stop.

art2work4

Re: [Unfortunately not FIXED] Strange Playlist behavior? -

Post by art2work4 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi Dmitrykos,

I have updated my version so I am running 1.76.1 on my playbook. Just now I checked whether the issue was solved.
:-( Unfortunately it is still there, I can still hear a fragment from the previous song in the playlist, although it does sound a tiny bit shorter.

I have also noticed another issue, since the last updates I usually need to start neutron 3 times in a row before it finally appears on the playbook. And yes, I did do a full reboot from the playbook.
This issue is also repeatable ...

thanks for ongoing support and I hope you can fix them

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [FIXED] Strange Playlist behavior? - Fragments replayed

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:03 pm

The fix is still not release, so please wait till next update after NY holidays.

> 3 times in a row before it finally appears on the playbook

This mysterious problem I never met on dev. devices Z10 and Q10. Unfortunately there is not PlayBook to test on but this issue I am 100% sure is caused by OS specifics. Would you please try generating log files for me and e-mail them to neutronmp@gmail.com?

You can do it as following:

- close Neutron
- create folder NeutronMP in folder /misc on PlayBook
- create folder logs in /misc/NeutronMP, so you will get /misc/NeutronMP/logs
- start Neutron
- the log files will be created in /misc/NeutronMP/logs

May be logs will help to shed some light on the problem!