[?] Streaming and and formates questions.

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
littlenickysa

[?] Streaming and and formates questions.

Post by littlenickysa » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I need to get a new music player that plays lossless and I wondered if the two types of lossless you support cover everything. I have to converent my music to put it in iTunes and was wondering if I would ever run into problems with this. I cannot figure out how to use the streaming area of your program as well. I am hopeing to play pandora with it or mabye a local radio station. There is very little on the faq about its capabilities and how it works. So far I like the trial and just want to get all the info about it.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Streaming and and formates questions.

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Neutron supports all lossless formats: FLAC, APE, ALAC (Apple), MusePack, WavPack, TTA, WAV, WMA (only 16 bit). If you put your music to iTunes Neutron will be able to read music files anyway.

Streaming:
In the Streaming section -> press [+] -> [URL] -> enter or paste the url to the audio stream (for example: http://dir.xiph.org/listen/827010/listen.m3u) -> ENTER/RETURN with soft keyboard. Then press on newly created entry inside the Streaming section and Neutron will try to connect and play. Pandora is not supported as it does not have external audio stream urls which you could register in Neutron but if you find such you can create new streaming entry for it.

littlenickysa

Post by littlenickysa » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 am

Ok thanks for the help. I still do not really understand where to find these external audio stream urls. Does the link you provided goes to a radio station that provided it, like a mini web page? Or am I personally actually able to create one one somehow like you said? I am just not sure where the music is coming from.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:06 am

> mini web page

Normally it is used to obscure the link to the audio stream or playlist file (which points to the audio stream). If you visit http://dir.xiph.org/ then you will notice that each iradio station has links to the playlists: M3U or XSPF. Such links are ok and can be used for the URL of streaming entry in Neutron. Normally stations are using mini web pages or built-in music player (Flash) to force user to see ads.

littlenickysa

Post by littlenickysa » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 am

Ok thanks. Is there other websites that have these types of links or should I just stick with the one you provided? That one had quite a few of them anyways, I hope they all work. On your website it says that there is 2 types of programs one with neon and one without. If I buy from google play which one do I get. I have tried both and like the one with neon. I find it works faster with my Galaxy S4. Also, is there any differences from buying it from google play from the paypro site or is it the same thing? I try to limit the times I put my credit card number out there, bad past experiences, even though it would be for a good cause and I have never heard of paypro. I hope to hear form you soon so I can buy it I lagged and my trial expired so I cant wait and play flac again thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

For Android platform I advise to buy from Google Play if possible and if absolutely not (payment method not supported, or country) then go for PayPro. Google Play will provide update notifications but with PayPro you need to check for updates manually from time to time (on web site).

Google Play is uploading standard version which works on all devices. NEON version means that Neutron's native code is optimized by using NEON SIMD (CPU commands). NEON SIMD allows to do calculations in parallel that is why increasing app performance. Google Play is not able to distinguish devices by NEON SIMD existence and thus you need to update to NEON version manually from web site. If you purchased from Google Play or PayPro then NEON version will not expire.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

For Android platform I advise to buy from Google Play if possible and if absolutely not (payment method not supported, or country) then go for PayPro. Google Play will provide update notifications but with PayPro you need to check for updates manually from time to time (on web site).

Google Play is uploading standard version which works on all devices. NEON version means that Neutron's native code is optimized by using NEON SIMD (CPU commands). NEON SIMD allows to do calculations in parallel that is why increasing app performance. Google Play is not able to distinguish devices by NEON SIMD existence and thus you need to update to NEON version manually from web site. If you purchased from Google Play or PayPro then NEON version will not expire.