File name overrides tag!

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
II ARROWS

File name overrides tag!

Post by II ARROWS » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Hello, I'm reporting an unexpected behavior.
I have a long soundtrack from a game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) , it's composed of 305 tracks and file names have this structure:

A01 - Game name - track title
The first letter divides the game series, so A01 to A23 stands for Super Mario, B01 to B10 for Donkey Kong and so on.

Neutron sets for every one a new artist name, so I have A01 and A02... I have 305 more artists.
It's not right that it overrides tags, since the only fields filled are title, album year and genre. I don't want to fill up the artist album nor the artist, because they are from a bunch of authors and wouldn't be right to make names for the original creator of the 8 bit tune, if I could find all of them*, or who arranged it for the game.

Could you make an option to deactivate file name scan? Every file in my library has been correctly tagged, comprehensive of cover, and organized in folders by artist name>year album name, and file names contains only the track position and the title.
It just makes my artists list almost impossible to scan through, and it could also take longer to update the database.

Thanks.

*Well, I found out right now that I can find some of them in the official website... http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/music/music01.html

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: File name overrides tag!

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi!

Thank you for the description. I understood the problem.

Most probably the best solution for the workaround for Neutron would be using 'Unknown Artist' tag and apply it if it is missing. Currently Neutron is trying to guess it from the filename. Put it into to-do.

Thank you very much for the report,
Dmitry.

II ARROWS

Post by II ARROWS » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi, thanks for your response.

Do you plan to insert it as an option?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 am

I think that option would be an overkill. E.g. my assumption is the following: if metadata had album name but missing an artist name then it is intentional behavior and metadata is present, so guessing from the filename is skipped in such situation. If you are on BlackBerry platform then such correction is present in latest 1.75 release but on Android it will be in next update.