Music on SD card not found by Neutron - tablet

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
STSinNYC

Music on SD card not found by Neutron - tablet

Post by STSinNYC » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 am

Continue to be very pleased with how great Neutron sounds playing music on my phone and now the tablet.

But unfortunately Neutron isn't seeing the SDHC card on the tablet. Other apps see the card and the folders on it. I can navigate to a music folder, select a song and get Neutron to play it, but when launching Neutron, it doesn't see the card. I can only play one song at a time, as Neutron won't advance to the next track in the folder because it doesn't see it!

This is a generic-type tablet, Rockchip 3188, Android 4.2.2.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Music on SD card not found by Neutron - tablet

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 am

Does it have specific path in the OS, would you please specify it?

STSinNYC

Post by STSinNYC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:52 pm

I moved the music folder to the internal SD card, and Neutron doesn't see it there either.

If I read this correctly, the paths would be:
External card:
/external_sd/music/Beatles
Internal card:
/sdcard/music/Beatles

Neutron shows "Folders". Press that, it shows "All folders", underneath that "/..." "O entries"

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 am

> I moved the music folder to the internal SD card, and Neutron doesn't see it there either.

It is because you need to force music source refresh to update database of Neutron.

> Neutron shows "Folders". Press that, it shows "All folders", underneath that "/..." "O entries"

Folders are obtained from the results of source scanning. To refresh source you need to scroll list further to Sources and press [Refresh] button, or inside sources you can force full rescanning for each source: long press on each source entry -> RESCAN. If source entry does not have [Refresh] pin-button marked then pressing [Refresh] button on top-level Sources entry will not affect it.

STSinNYC

Post by STSinNYC » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks for the info. I did understand about scanning the folders being required. I attempted to do that and Neutron simply does not see any folder with music in it. Must be a quirk related to this tablet or the rooted 4.2.2 on it.

Eltax

Post by Eltax » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:46 pm

I had the same problem after upgrading the SD card. I deinstalled Neutron, went to the play store and installed a fresh version. I did not have to pay again for it. Solved!