[NOT BUG] Neutron crashing on Cowon Z2

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
HokieMatt

[NOT BUG] Neutron crashing on Cowon Z2

Post by HokieMatt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Neutron has recently started frequently crashing on my Cowon Z2. This will happen at random times - sometimes in the middle of playing a track, sometimes when just sitting idle with playback paused. To the best of my knowledge I haven't done anything to the player configuration; pretty much all I do is add or delete music. Can these crashes be caused by something corrupt in the database?

I have version 1.72; might 1.73 help with this issue?

HokieMatt

Re: Neutron crashing on Cowon Z2

Post by HokieMatt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 pm

UPDATE: I Installed 1.73, NEON version, and now it won't run at all. Start Neutron, it gets to the play screen and immediately crashes to the homepage. The NEON version of 1.72 had been working fine on this device until recently; the 1.73 "normal" version does work but is obviously slower.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 am

Most probably there is something wrong with Android OS version of Cowon. What you could do is:

1) backup Neutron's settings & db from: /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp
2) uninstall Neutron
3) install Neutron NEON
4) restore settings & db
5) start Neutron

For the future, to avoid loosing settings during reinstallation you could follow this Q from FAQ:

Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?
http://neutronmp.com/faq

HokieMatt

Post by HokieMatt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 pm

UPDATE:

I installed 1.73.1 NEON version, and this seems to have fixed the problem. I saw another post about the same behavior on a different device; hopefully this new release has solved the crash problem.