Neutron won't start

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
the_impossible_dream

Re: Neutron won't start

Post by the_impossible_dream » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Dimitri,

None of the solutions proposed by you have worked so far. Every time I set up Windows 7 shares on my BB PB, it won't restart, even if I make sure the last song I accessed is from a local source prior to closing.

You had mentioned that the "next version" will solve this bug, however I did install 1.74.3 and am still having the same issue. Was this the "next version" you referred to, or is it a latter one?

Any help would be appreciated, as I really am desperate to get this to work, as otherwise, Neutron is an amazing player.

Thanks again,

joe

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am

Hi Joe,

I tried to dig into the problem deeper and probably found the reason. Neutron could reference album art and music files (to lookup album art in their metadata) from SMB source even if it was marked as ignored (in red). If source is not accessible then 30-45 sec. timeout will cause various delays inside the player core that will also break UI responsiveness. This is already fixed, so let's see whether in your case problem will be fixed when next update is rolled out.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

rtperryal1

Post by rtperryal1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Neutron starts up on my cowon z2, but it doesn't recognize any music folders so it doesn't work. I've uninstalled/ reinstalled and rebooted, but still nothing. It worked ok earlier today, but now nothing. BTW, Poweramp works just fine (i.e., it recognizes the folders) so my folders and sd card are fine. Anybody have a suggestion or solution? Thanks.

shurvinton

Post by shurvinton » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi,

running 1.74.4 on a playbook and have the same issue. Once the samba share is scanned, then you cannot restart neutron. if you rename the database file, then neutron starts with no issues. The pain is that the scan takes about 90 minutes and produces a 12MB neutronmp.db file. (I know my NAS is a little slow, but it's only for music storage and there are around 38000 tracks). I notice that database size shouldn't be an issue, so hopefully I have the same problem as other posters.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 am

> rtperryal1
> it doesn't recognize any music folders so it doesn't work

For those users having similar issue: it was solved by SD card reformatting.

> shurvinton
> Once the samba share is scanned, then you cannot restart neutron.

What if you scan some sub folder on your NAS with few files, will Neutron re-start normally? Could you please experiment.

shurvinton

Post by shurvinton » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi,

With 65 files there is no problem on a quick test. Trying something bigger now.

shurvinton

Post by shurvinton » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Still OK with
97 artists
240 albums
2445 Songs

shurvinton

Post by shurvinton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:35 am

25000 songs and problem comes back. Any finer granularity I have to change my music folders around.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:58 am

There is an update coming on this week and there is SMB/CIFS fix inside of it which could result in crash. Let's see how it goes after you update to it.