[FIXED] Urgent, BUG in 1.69.0, Can't play MP3s anymore

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
c0d3r

[FIXED] Urgent, BUG in 1.69.0, Can't play MP3s anymore

Post by c0d3r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 am

Hi,

Just update my licensed Neutron MP from Play Store 30 minutes ago, Immediately I found some of my folders in the Source that previously were working disappeared. mainly those folders that containing MP3 files were all gone. More seriously it won't allow me to add them back either from ext SD card or from NAS server, select the folders that containing MP3s only and press OK, after scanning, it won't add them to the Source. Please fix it.

BTW, Where I can see which Neutron MP version I'm using on the Android? I dont see a About menu there. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 2, JB 4.1.2

Thanks,

William
Last edited by c0d3r on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Urgent, BUG in The latest version, Sources were gone.

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi William,

Neutron was forcing sources rescanning due to changed database structure. It is strange that you got source entries lost because there should not be any issues with that.

> select the folders that containing MP3s only and press OK, after scanning, it won't add them to the Source

Could you please e-mail me at least one of your MP3s which are not scanned and also mention how folders are named so I could reproduce this issue. To: neutronmp@gmail.com

Also if you delete all source entries and create just one and point it to some sub-folder inside your music folder will Neutron pick up files from it?

> which Neutron MP version I'm using on the Android?

Android UI -> Settings -> Applications -> find Neutron in the list.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

c0d3r

Re: Urgent, BUG in 1.69.0, Can't play MP3s anymore

Post by c0d3r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Will do, I think there must be some changes made in 1.69.0 caused the bug. Because every thing was working fine on 1.68.*.

c0d3r

Post by c0d3r » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

For the test, I remove all the MP3 files from my folder, and copied only one MP3 in the folder, the folder was added in the Source successfully. BUT, then I copy more MP3 files in the folder, and select rescan from Neutron MP, after scanning, It displayed:

Source #5 ERROR: Zero path! 0 entries. This was exactly the message I got in Source right after upgrade to 1.69 from 1.68.*

Is this something can help you to figure out. Can't email you MP3s. since they are too big because email you only one won't help.

William

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi William,

How many files did you copy? Is it possible to localize to just one file or group of files (album for example)? I understand that it is time wasting operation though and would be really thankful for your kind help.

Probably one or more files contain erratic symbols which are causing failure of database transaction.

I also have possibility to provide FTP access for uploading a group of files.

Best regards,
Dmitry.