Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
instrosurfman

Re: Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Post by instrosurfman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 am

Google "Neutron PlayBook Download" and look for the link on AppWorld. This at least gets you 1.68.0.3 which works on BB10, but not on PB. This version scans SD card but stops after about 50 songs. Pleeeeeease tell me that this is fixed in the version we are all waiting for!

adchute1

Post by adchute1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 am

It looks like a couple people took my "comparison" to Microsoft seriously. I hope most readers understand those comments were made in jest. Let's just say no one has ever accused me of being a good comedy writer. I come home at night hoping to hear some of my favorite songs on the Neutron player, only to find the fix is not yet available, and then sometimes waste my time pecking away on my Playbook, probably amusing no one but myself. I'm a patient guy. I can wait a few more days.

On the serious side, though, I do have a couple more comments.

First, while it probably is a good idea for the developer to tweak the app at the last minute to get it just right, it also probably is a good idea then to go back to the devices it was tested on already just to make sure it still works. That obviously wasn't done here. At least for the Playbooks. There are not that many different types of Playbooks, so it shouldn't be that difficult. I hope this is a lesson learned.

Second, I never had the impression BlackBerry really tests apps to make sure they work. Do they? I think they scan them for malicious code to keep our devices safe. The reason I have that impression is there is so much junk in App World and I, like probably some of you, have downloaded apps that simply do not work. Sometimes you get one that just freezes up when you try to start it.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 pm

tinker2000 wrote:One app update was submitted on the 23rd Jan and appeared yesterday . Thats a horrid delay for submission, though its good news for my z10 apps list. I do hope its fixed soon, I miss the superb sound and want it on my shiny new piece of tech :)
Will kill myself now... :shock:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:33 pm

By the way, in addition to my information regarding Z10 audio DAC. It looks like there are 2 hardware types of Z10:
- TI OMAP 4470 1.5Ghz / Imagination GPU PowerVR SGX 544
- QC Snapdragon MSM8960 1.5Ghz / Qualcomm GPU Adreno 225
(http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/t ... n-and-gpus)

Snapdragon is for US and Canada markets, while OMAP for the rest of the world. The question is what DAC is in OMAP version, Wolfson similar to PlayBook config, or something from TI.

primusd

Post by primusd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm

dmitrykos wrote:By the way, in addition to my information regarding Z10 audio DAC. It looks like there are 2 hardware types of Z10:
- TI OMAP 4470 1.5Ghz / Imagination GPU PowerVR SGX 544
- QC Snapdragon MSM8960 1.5Ghz / Qualcomm GPU Adreno 225
(http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/t ... n-and-gpus)

Snapdragon is for US and Canada markets, while OMAP for the rest of the world. The question is what DAC is in OMAP version, Wolfson similar to PlayBook config, or something from TI.
Thanks Dmitry... what are the implications of having the Qualcomm WCD9310 on the Canada/US version? Is this capable of higher fidelity output (if/as/when BB enable it in the OS)?

primusd

Post by primusd » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 pm

instrosurfman wrote:Google "Neutron PlayBook Download" and look for the link on AppWorld. This at least gets you 1.68.0.3 which works on BB10, but not on PB.
Tried to do... found http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241/... but nothing there? Did this really work for you?

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 pm

FWIW, I was told by the developer of a different unrelated app, on January 20, that they had just submitted their most recent update to BB World. As of today it's still not there, so the backlog is obviously significant.

warrenmr

Post by warrenmr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 am

primusd wrote:
instrosurfman wrote:Google "Neutron PlayBook Download" and look for the link on AppWorld. This at least gets you 1.68.0.3 which works on BB10, but not on PB.
Tried to do... found http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241/... but nothing there? Did this really work for you?
This link appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241/ worked for me on my Z10. Works perfectly as far as I can tell. Fantastic sound and NEON-optimized.

Furthermore, I have been able to pick up all the songs (about 275 at the moment) off my sdcard. To do this, I first had to go to the Database settings and turn on 'Use root folder as top-level path for directory selection''. You can then navigate to sdcard2 in the Sources settings.
Last edited by warrenmr on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

warrenmr

Post by warrenmr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:56 am

Should have also mentioned that didn't have to pay to download the Z10 version from BlackBerry World - I had already purchased the PlayBook version.

primusd

Post by primusd » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:53 am

warrenmr wrote:This link appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241/ worked for me on my Z10. Works perfectly as far as I can tell. Fantastic sound and NEON-optimized.

Furthermore, I have been able to pick up all the songs (about 275 at the moment) off my sdcard. To do this, I first had to go to the Database settings and turn on 'Use root folder as top-level path for directory selection''. You can then navigate to sdcard2 in the Sources settings.
Aha! Doing it from the z10 did work (was stupidly doing it from my mac). Downloaded and installed :) Thank you.

BUT... I toggled the database setting as recommended and then navigated the source to sdcard2/music, but its only finding about 28 songs out of 500+?? I tried to rescan db and also to delete source and reset it, but no luck... same 28 songs show up (it does seem to see all 33 folders though). Anyone have any ideas how to get it see all my music? So stoked to (almost) have this back...

ps - must admit the app seems a bit sluggish (though I recognise I'm using a version that is recognised to have at least one major bug).